Tópico cartaz: Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 20:17
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
Oct 31, 2006

Would it be possible to add a feature to the KudoZ glossary search that would make suggestions/matches in the event of typos?

Example 1) Word Reference: Here I mispelled the word "inquisitorio" in the search bar and I am provided with a list of possible matches on the left (one of which is the word I am looking for and I can click on the link instead of having to edit or re-type the w
... See more
Would it be possible to add a feature to the KudoZ glossary search that would make suggestions/matches in the event of typos?

Example 1) Word Reference: Here I mispelled the word "inquisitorio" in the search bar and I am provided with a list of possible matches on the left (one of which is the word I am looking for and I can click on the link instead of having to edit or re-type the word):
http://www.wordreference.com/iten/inquisotri

Example 2) Leo: Leo offers suggestions with links provided that only one letter is wrong. For example, here I misspelled the word "Gesellschaft" and I am presented with a link to the correct choice):
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lang=en&lp=ende&search=geselschaft

[Edited at 2006-10-31 20:22]
Collapse

jokerman
jokerman
Alemanha
Local time: 02:17
Membro (2008)
inglês para alemão
+ ...
yes Oct 31, 2006

second that completely

igor

Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)
Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
inglês para português
+ ...
Absolutely! Oct 31, 2006

Great idea!

Claudia Luque Bedregal
Claudia Luque Bedregal  Identity Verified
Itália
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
good idea! Oct 31, 2006

Good idea

Claudia

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Alemanha
alemão para inglês
+ ...
In memoriam
That would be excellent. Oct 31, 2006

I have wished for something similar many times.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Provide links to near matches for typos in KudoZ glossaries

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »