Tópico cartaz: Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:33
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
May 8, 2006

Hi, everybody. I just came across this site. There is an eight-question quiz to find out how whether you can tell which sites are safe and which have adware and spyware. I got five right...

Here's the link. See how it goes for you.
Good luck!

http://www.siteadvisor.com/quizzes/spyware_0306.html

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:33
I tried it... May 8, 2006

... and got 4 out of 8 correct. The sad thing is that they do not really tell you how to "spot" which sites are loaded with adware.

Giulia Barontini
Giulia Barontini  Identity Verified
Itália
Local time: 12:33
inglês para italiano
+ ...
Hooray!!! May 8, 2006

I got 6 out of 8 right. I wasn't expecting such a high score! I've been reading a lot about this issue to try and ward off these threats...But I'd better keep on the lookout!

Ciao e grazie,

Giulia
xxxxx

eltorgomania
eltorgomania
Local time: 13:33
inglês para árabe
+ ...
Not bad. I got 6 May 9, 2006

I thought I would get the full mark, as I am quite familiar with the issue of adware and spyware. The good thing is that Blubster is now on my Blacklist!

Thanks for the quiz, now back to work!!

Sami

[Edited at 2006-05-09 09:30]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Membro
inglês para turco
+ ...
5/8 May 9, 2006

Not a very promising result - makes me a tight-rope walker as said in the site itself. But I scored best in file-sharing. All answers in that section are correct! Well, I consider myself a veteran, had some troubles in the past due to music downloads

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonésia
Local time: 17:33
Membro
inglês para indonésio
+ ...
safe browsing + common sense May 9, 2006

i only got 4 out of 8! but i believe that my computer is free from spyware. as long as we practice safe browsing and use common sense, we'll be fine, imnsho. of course, the most important thing is to avoid using ie like a plague...

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Alemanha
tcheco para alemão
+ ...
Much more to be discovered here Sep 22, 2006

Hi,

I just came across this website (http://www.siteadvisor.com/analysis/), googling for ratings of another site. You can find quite a lot about security here, including "The good, the bad, the green, the red" and "How Safe are Search Engine Results? You might be surprised where danger lurks."

Charlotte

PS: Just try a test for proz.com...
See more
Hi,

I just came across this website (http://www.siteadvisor.com/analysis/), googling for ratings of another site. You can find quite a lot about security here, including "The good, the bad, the green, the red" and "How Safe are Search Engine Results? You might be surprised where danger lurks."

Charlotte

PS: Just try a test for proz.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spyware quiz

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »