Mariana Font  Identity Verified
Espanha
Local time: 17:36
Membro (2007)
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Dec 3, 2016

Hello!
Could anyone recommend a good Romanesque glossary? I'm in need of terminology on architecture and Romanesque art in general. Preferably multilingual (Catalan, Spanish, English, French)
Thanks a million,
mariana

Christian christian@nielsen-palacios.com
Christian [email protected]
Estados Unidos
Local time: 11:36
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Romanesque Dec 3, 2016

I don't know of a Glossary (please share if you find one), but I am an architect. If I can be of help, don't hesitate to ask ([email protected])

philgoddard
philgoddard
Estados Unidos
alemão para inglês
+ ...
I may be wrong... Dec 5, 2016

but I would have thought that's too specialized a subject to produce a glossary for. Art or architecture, sure, but Romanesque doesn't really have a terminology of its own. I just use Google.

Mariana Font
Mariana Font  Identity Verified
Espanha
Local time: 17:36
Membro (2007)
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Art & architecture Terminology - Romanesque Dec 5, 2016

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm using a series of resources, the main one being a terminology search engine in Catalan, with entries in other languages (http://www.termcat.cat/ca/Cercaterm/)
Thansk for your offer, Christian, but I hope I won't need to bother you.
And you are right, philgoddard, even though it is a very vast field, I should probably have said Art and Arch
... See more
Hello!
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm using a series of resources, the main one being a terminology search engine in Catalan, with entries in other languages (http://www.termcat.cat/ca/Cercaterm/)
Thansk for your offer, Christian, but I hope I won't need to bother you.
And you are right, philgoddard, even though it is a very vast field, I should probably have said Art and Architecture.
Thanks and cheers,
mariana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Romanesque glossary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »