Tópico cartaz: Miroslaw Suwala
Miroslaw Suwala
Miroslaw Suwala
Polônia
Local time: 15:00
inglês para polonês
+ ...
Feb 3, 2011

This is the first time a customer has asked me to send back a false-positive report from X-bench
Having not much experience with X-bench can I please have someone explain to me what this is all about?
How do I create such a report?

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 09:00
alemão para inglês
Export QA result Feb 3, 2011

I think your client wants a report indicating inconsistencies in the source text. This may include identical text with different spacing/punctuation, different tags or spelling differences, all of which you standardized in your translation. It might also include source text with the same general content but worded differently
(Tighten screw/Tighten the screw or solder 3 wires/solder three wires). These would all be considered false positives in my opinion, that is flagged as errors but in
... See more
I think your client wants a report indicating inconsistencies in the source text. This may include identical text with different spacing/punctuation, different tags or spelling differences, all of which you standardized in your translation. It might also include source text with the same general content but worded differently
(Tighten screw/Tighten the screw or solder 3 wires/solder three wires). These would all be considered false positives in my opinion, that is flagged as errors but in reality aren't, assuming your target translations were consistent.

I would create a report by exporting the QA results (Tools/Export QA result), preferably as an Excel file, as it's the most easily read/edited. Then I would remove the irrelevant items.
Collapse

Michele Santiago
Michele Santiago  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 10:00
inglês para português
+ ...
X bench report Feb 3, 2011

I have worked with several translation agencies that requested the full Xbench report along with the translated files. And they wanted the report commented - I could not erase any item, I just added the comment "false positive" when necessary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X-bench false-positive report request

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »