Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 05:20
francês para espanhol
+ ...
Sep 5, 2008

Hi all.
This could be ridiculous, but for the first time I received .docx files (I must confess that I didn't know what they are).
They appear en .rar, I thinks and I just can't open them... well, yes, I can, but nothing I can understand.
TIA.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Letônia
Local time: 14:20
Membro (2003)
inglês para letão
+ ...
Office 2007 Compatibilty pack Sep 5, 2008

Hi Juan,

*.docx are the same *.doc, only in Office 2007 format.

Please download and install MS Office 2007 Compatibilty pack- that will allow you to open and edit Office 2007 documents in Office 2003 (I don't know about Office XP):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Uldis

Juan Jacob wrote:

Hi all.
This could be ridiculous, but for the first time I received .docx files (I must confess that I didn't know what they are).
They appear en .rar, I thinks and I just can't open them... well, yes, I can, but nothing I can understand.
TIA.

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 05:20
francês para espanhol
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Yup. Sep 5, 2008

Dear Uldis.
Should I say your help was brilliant?
I am with XP, and it works OK.
Thanks a lot, from Mexico.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vista .docx files. How to open them?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »