Catalyst - better way to reuse glossary than find/replace (in dialog boxes)?
Tópico cartaz: Christina Clark
Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Dinamarca
Local time: 18:06
inglês para dinamarquês
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

I was wondering whether there was any easier way of re-using the glossary when translating Dialog boxes than having to do a \'find/replace\' manouvre? Why doesn\'t Catalyst suggest glossary entries as with translation of strings? Or does it, and I just haven\'t seen the light yet?

Thanks

Christina

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:06
inglês para alemão
+ ...
You CAN re-use glossary entries Apr 17, 2003

Dear Christina,

there is a way to make use of 100% matches. First go to \"Tools, Options, General, Glossary\" and check whether you have selected a glossary and which entries you want to reuse. If you don\'t have a glossary yet, you can easily create a blank one and fill it with your translations by creating an empty TXT file and adding it as Glossary 1.

Once you have activated a glossary, you can reuse the entries within it. You can either double-click
... See more
Dear Christina,

there is a way to make use of 100% matches. First go to \"Tools, Options, General, Glossary\" and check whether you have selected a glossary and which entries you want to reuse. If you don\'t have a glossary yet, you can easily create a blank one and fill it with your translations by creating an empty TXT file and adding it as Glossary 1.

Once you have activated a glossary, you can reuse the entries within it. You can either double-click on the string to be translated and press F2 (Catalyst underlines the source text for which it found a match). You can then insert the matches by double-clicking on the match.

I hope I made myself clear enough, if not, refer to the online help (\"glossaries, using\").

Best regards,

Tanja

[addsig]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Catalyst - better way to reuse glossary than find/replace (in dialog boxes)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »