How to translate Source element into Target elemnt in XML file?
Tópico cartaz: Nadya Rangelova
Nadya Rangelova
Nadya Rangelova  Identity Verified
Bulgária
Local time: 02:23
inglês para búlgaro
May 3, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I received an XML file for translation with the following structure:
/? xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?/ /SRC_VALUE/ Original text //SRC_VALUE/ /TRG_VALUE/ ? //TRG_VALUE/

I need to translate the text from SRC_VALUE element into TRG_VALUE element. Is there any option to create such rule? For example in the .csv rule one can select which column is the source and which is the target text.

I tried to create new XML rule but in vane.
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I received an XML file for translation with the following structure:
/? xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?/ /SRC_VALUE/ Original text //SRC_VALUE/ /TRG_VALUE/ ? //TRG_VALUE/

I need to translate the text from SRC_VALUE element into TRG_VALUE element. Is there any option to create such rule? For example in the .csv rule one can select which column is the source and which is the target text.

I tried to create new XML rule but in vane. Please, give me an advice.

Nadya

P.S. I am using Trados 2014.

[Edited at 2016-05-03 21:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-05-04 04:34 GMT]
Collapse

Nadya Rangelova
Nadya Rangelova  Identity Verified
Bulgária
Local time: 02:23
inglês para búlgaro
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Copy text from SRC into TRG and translate only every other segment May 20, 2016

So I ended with copying text from SRC into TRG element and translated only every other segment. Thus, when translating I benefit from the TM function (search, concordance, autopropogate, etc.). After translation I had to clean the odd segments and make sure that only the even segments have translation. After generating the target file I got the required result and did not do any post-processing.

The only cons of this workaround is the time that I spent preparing the file. I am not f
... See more
So I ended with copying text from SRC into TRG element and translated only every other segment. Thus, when translating I benefit from the TM function (search, concordance, autopropogate, etc.). After translation I had to clean the odd segments and make sure that only the even segments have translation. After generating the target file I got the required result and did not do any post-processing.

The only cons of this workaround is the time that I spent preparing the file. I am not familiar with XML and copying and pasting 1,000 segments was a paint and took me about 3 hours. I did this in Notepad++.

If anyone have better idea, please, share it.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate Source element into Target elemnt in XML file?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »