Can’t add term in Tageditor. Windows 7-Trados/Multiterm 2007. No solution found in forums.
Tópico cartaz: Sofie
Sofie
Sofie
França
Local time: 21:42
alemão para holandês
+ ...
Jun 23, 2012

Hello,

Since I have Trados, I’ve always worked with Multiterm perfectly.
But now I changed my computer and have Windows 7. Since then I have the following problem:

When I add a term to the termbase, the add-term-box opens just once, and it seems that I can add a term, but actually it doesn’t add anything.
When further in the text, I try to add another term, this “add-term-box” doesn’t even open anymore and I don’t receive any error message.
... See more
Hello,

Since I have Trados, I’ve always worked with Multiterm perfectly.
But now I changed my computer and have Windows 7. Since then I have the following problem:

When I add a term to the termbase, the add-term-box opens just once, and it seems that I can add a term, but actually it doesn’t add anything.
When further in the text, I try to add another term, this “add-term-box” doesn’t even open anymore and I don’t receive any error message.

I’ve looked at various forums, and I thought it was a Java problem.

=> First I cleared the “Enable the next-generation Java plug-in check box”, saved and restarted the computer, but without result.

=> Then I removed ALL Java versions installed on this computer :
- Java 6 Version 32
- J 2 SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
- J 2 SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 12

After that, I opened Multiterm, and I pressed the Edit button (F2)
I got this message saying that I have to install Java 2 RE SE v 1.4.2._19, which I did.

But nothing has changed !!!

I still cannot add terms. I really need this function quickly, because I’m on a big technical text …
Thank you so much for your help !!

Sofie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can’t add term in Tageditor. Windows 7-Trados/Multiterm 2007. No solution found in forums.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »