Copy segments into Excel to facilitate machine pre-translation?
Tópico cartaz: German Services
German Services
German Services
Local time: 03:21
inglês para alemão
+ ...
Nov 29, 2011

I work with Studio 2009. I would like to pre-translate a document (Excel) using the Google Translator Toolkit and then create a TM from source and translation using Xbench.

Preferably, I would like to run a segmented file through the machine translation but I am unsure how to copy segments from Studio into an Excel file (or how to export segments in an appropriate file format). When I copy (multiple) segments from Studio into Excel, they do not paste properly.

I can pre
... See more
I work with Studio 2009. I would like to pre-translate a document (Excel) using the Google Translator Toolkit and then create a TM from source and translation using Xbench.

Preferably, I would like to run a segmented file through the machine translation but I am unsure how to copy segments from Studio into an Excel file (or how to export segments in an appropriate file format). When I copy (multiple) segments from Studio into Excel, they do not paste properly.

I can pre-translate the unsegmented file but this will of course lead to fewer matches during the translation process.

Any ideas? I tried searching the forums but to no avail.

Thanks for your input.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy segments into Excel to facilitate machine pre-translation?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »