Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2]
Poll: Is your phone mostly a work tool, or a distraction from your work?
Tópico cartaz: ProZ.com Staff
Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:21
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Well... Jan 24, 2018

Sometimes when it rings, there's a tentative voice on the other end, "I got your number from.... Are you the translator?" Then it's a work tool.
More often it's one of those 1-888 numbers, when it's not a regular number disguising itself as something legit, wanting to offer me duct cleaning services or some kind of pyramid scheme, where that annoying jerk always starts in what he thinks is an assertive business-like tone, "Stop what you're doing right now!" So says my answering machine t
... See more
Sometimes when it rings, there's a tentative voice on the other end, "I got your number from.... Are you the translator?" Then it's a work tool.
More often it's one of those 1-888 numbers, when it's not a regular number disguising itself as something legit, wanting to offer me duct cleaning services or some kind of pyramid scheme, where that annoying jerk always starts in what he thinks is an assertive business-like tone, "Stop what you're doing right now!" So says my answering machine that collects his entire ramble. It's a bit of a distraction from my work since I do have a quick look, and don't want to miss genuine customer queries.

I supposed by "phone" the asker meant one of those modern things that also functions as a phone from time to time.
Collapse

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 07:21
Membro (2014)
inglês para português
+ ...
Neither Jan 24, 2018

I actually hate phones of all kinds. I only use them when strictly necessary. Almost all my negotiations are through e-mails. The telephone is used mainly for confirmations, special explanations, or to clarify doubts. And I do not use phones for entertainment or networking whatsoever. The computer is incomparably better for that.

Wellington Lima
Wellington Lima
Brasil
Local time: 07:21
inglês para português
Neither Jan 25, 2018

My phone is not a work tool.

Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Is your phone mostly a work tool, or a distraction from your work?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »