Poll: Are you in Google+?
Tópico cartaz: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
EQUIPE DO SITE
Jul 16, 2011

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are you in Google+?".

View the poll results »

Jeshi
Jeshi  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 20:14
inglês para português
+ ...
It's too soon! Jul 16, 2011

There are so many sites like that... and the idea of having everything 'to much connected' sort of scares me sometimes. I prefer to wait a little longer in order to see what direction it's going to take, untill then, I'm ok!

Ashutosh Mitra
Ashutosh Mitra  Identity Verified
Índia
Local time: 04:44
Membro (2011)
inglês para híndi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
100% agree Jul 16, 2011

Jeshi wrote:

There are so many sites like that... and the idea of having everything 'to much connected' sort of scares me sometimes. I prefer to wait a little longer in order to see what direction it's going to take, untill then, I'm ok!

Very true.....

Valeria Lagos Gordon Downie
Valeria Lagos Gordon Downie
Espanha
Local time: 01:14
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
google+? Jul 16, 2011

What´s that? never heard of it...

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Membro (2009)
inglês para alemão
+ ...
No Jul 16, 2011

And I will never use it. The main reason is that Google has a known reputation of tracking IP addresses and storing them indefinitely. This also refers to every activity on the net via Google or Google related sites.

Since I do prefer to keep some privacy, Google is no option for me.

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
inglês para francês
+ ...
In memoriam
No, but... Jul 16, 2011

According to a French proverb which can be translated as "you should never say: fountain, I will never drink your water", i.e. never say never - which I find less poetic than the French expression -, maybe one day I might be interested in Google+.

All depends on how it will evolve.

But, right now :
1) I never subscribe to new entities which have not yet been tested, tested again and re-tested ... by others...
See more
According to a French proverb which can be translated as "you should never say: fountain, I will never drink your water", i.e. never say never - which I find less poetic than the French expression -, maybe one day I might be interested in Google+.

All depends on how it will evolve.

But, right now :
1) I never subscribe to new entities which have not yet been tested, tested again and re-tested ... by others
err ... ProZ was the only exception to that rule.

2) I only subscribe to professional networks, and, for the moment, professionals are not welcome on G+. It is only for personal relationships, for pseudo-friends, for fun, in a word for nothing reallly interesting.

So, let's wait and see.

Have a nice weekend

Catherine

[Edited at 2011-07-16 08:46 GMT]
Collapse

Berna Bleeke (X)
Berna Bleeke (X)
inglês para holandês
I think I'd like the 'circles' Jul 16, 2011

I think I'd like the way Google+ works with circles. I'm on Facebook, but a major disadvantage of that is that it groups everyone together as 'friends'. With Google+, you can group them into *real* friends, family, colleagues, etc., and decide what you want to share with each group.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Membro (2006)
alemão para inglês
What is it Jul 16, 2011

and do we need it?

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Itália
inglês para italiano
what is it? Jul 16, 2011

Well now I know it.
And sincerely, I am too busy to use all this stuff (facebook, twitter....), I don't like using the computer outside my working hours, it is boring also to download pictures from the camera.

And if I have to communicate something I got my "circle" of contacts.... on the phone book, love talking

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 17:14
espanhol para inglês
Is this an advertisement? Jul 16, 2011

Looks like one to me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you in Google+?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »