Páginas no tópico:   [1 2 3] >
Poll: Are you planning to take some time off work to watch the World-Cup?
Tópico cartaz: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
EQUIPE DO SITE
Jun 12, 2010

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are you planning to take some time off work to watch the World-Cup?".

View the poll results »

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 23:38
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Absolutely not. Jun 12, 2010

It's bad enough having to put up with it everywhere. Give up work for it, why on earth would I do that?

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
Local time: 00:38
inglês para francês
+ ...
No Jun 12, 2010

I would have liked a firmer option, "certainly not" for instance

Emmanuelle Hingant
Emmanuelle Hingant  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
inglês para francês
I said No... Jun 12, 2010

But actually it's because I'm working in South Africa at the World Cup. So I'll watch all games, but I'll be working all the way to the final.

Have a great World Cup!

Em.

Alexander Kondorsky
Alexander Kondorsky  Identity Verified
Federação Russa
Local time: 01:38
inglês para russo
+ ...
indifferent Jun 12, 2010

I'm absolutely indifferent to soccer as well as hockey and other sport events. I do like certain game-shows on TV but even they will not distract me from work.

Mafalda d'Orey de Faria
Mafalda d'Orey de Faria  Identity Verified
Portugal
inglês para português
+ ...
Certainly not Jun 12, 2010

I totally support Mary and Interlangue.

Blanka Salkova
Blanka Salkova  Identity Verified
República Tcheca
Membro (2007)
inglês para tcheco
+ ...
could not be bothered Jun 12, 2010

Interlangue wrote:

I would have liked a firmer option, "certainly not" for instance

Absolutely

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
francês para inglês
Yup Jun 12, 2010

I'm sure most of us take time off from working to relax and enjoy our hobbies and interests, and I am no different.

There may be a bit of glut, especially for the next couple of weeks with at least 3 matches a day, but it tends to be other non-working time that gets eaten into. So that means meals are timed coincide with football (next one in 35 minutes!). No more gardening and no more shopping for a fortnight
... See more
I'm sure most of us take time off from working to relax and enjoy our hobbies and interests, and I am no different.

There may be a bit of glut, especially for the next couple of weeks with at least 3 matches a day, but it tends to be other non-working time that gets eaten into. So that means meals are timed coincide with football (next one in 35 minutes!). No more gardening and no more shopping for a fortnight

But each to their own
Collapse

Speranza
Speranza  Identity Verified

espanhol para russo
+ ...
Most certainly yes Jun 12, 2010

Not only take time off, but also host a few viewing parties. We'll raise our glasses to you, people who find the idea of getting unglued from your computers for 90 minutes outrageous

neilmac
neilmac
Espanha
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
Other Jun 12, 2010

I will watch some games, especially when Spain are playing.
However, if you mean will I refuse any offers of work because of it, no way! I have just enough work this weekend to keep me entertained and the footy is a good excuse to take a break. It is also possible to follow a game while working, as I did with last night's France-Uruguay yawnfest.

BTW, those who are antifootball should remember that it's not compulsory ...

Marga Demmers (X)
Marga Demmers (X)  Identity Verified
Holanda
espanhol para holandês
+ ...
Agree Jun 12, 2010

Mary Worby wrote:

It's bad enough having to put up with it everywhere. Give up work for it, why on earth would I do that?

I completely agree with Mary and Interlangue.

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 18:38
Membro (2009)
francês para inglês
+ ...
i like sports but Jun 12, 2010

the WC and football is not my thing. However, the good thing about sports is that you can have it on while working...i often work with baseball on in the background, for example. I love sports but i can't see stopping work for that.

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
alemão para inglês
+ ...
I wish ... Jun 12, 2010

neilmac wrote:

BTW, those who are antifootball should remember that it's not compulsory ...

No, not compulsory, but unavoidable to the extent that even my four year-old daughter knows what's going on. It's in every supermarket, on every street, in every pub, on every television channel. The UK, at least, is hyping itself up into some kind of ridiculous football frenzy. There is little hope for the non-fanatic minority!

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
inglês para francês
+ ...
Better reasons to leave the office :) Jun 12, 2010

Nadejda Vega Cespedes wrote:

Not only take time off, but also host a few viewing parties. We'll raise our glasses to you, people who find the idea of getting unglued from your computers for 90 minutes outrageous

There are other and better reasons to leave to office than a bunch of guys running after and fighting for a ball!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Membro (2007)
inglês para português
+ ...
Absolutely not! Jun 12, 2010

The last 15 minutes of the final game will be more than enough!

Páginas no tópico:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you planning to take some time off work to watch the World-Cup?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »