Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Fausto Menegozzo
Fausto Menegozzo
United States
Local time: 07:24
English to Italian
A.K.A. " Thomas Debbie <[email protected]>" Jan 5

She is now Thomas Debbie,

and contacted me from the following email address "" requesting an English to Italian translation of the same document. This is the email version:
"Hello, I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. It will be nice working with you I am 65yrs old." etc.
Thank god scammer are pretty lazy and dull.

Michael Bunn

Ayesha Ikram
Ayesha Ikram
United States
Local time: 09:24
Pashto (Pushto) to English
+ ...
janet smith <[email protected] scam email received. Jan 8

Have been scamed quite a few times but now I research before even replying..
but that wastes my time as well.
Now i usually do not waste my tame at all if the body of the email has no details about the company, URLs, no reference etc. I ain't replying..

Mohammad Renaldi Diponegoro wrote:

Maria Suescum wrote:

I received a request from a Proz user, Md Omar Faruk, asking me to apply for work. There are no reviews from him. Bering is a South Korean company and the writer is located in Bangladesh. It is tempting, but when I searched the website for Bering Lab and Bering Legal, the website is beringlegal.com not beringl.com so I don't trust it. Sad to let this go, scammers are so clever these days.

Hi Maria,

I'm the Marketing & Vendor Management Coordinator of Bering
Lab, a translation agency based in Korea, with specialty in
highly
specialized/regulated areas such as legal, patents, life
sciences, and financial.

We are seeing a growing demand for ENSpanish translation
work. Browsing through your profile, I noticed that you have
done work
as a legal translator. Just wondering if you are still
available and interested in such work as a part-time
freelancer?

If so, please complete a short form at apply.beringl.com and
we will be in touch with you shortly.

All the best

Md Omar Faruk
Marketing & Vendor Management Coordinator
Bering Lab Inc

Just got contacted last weekend. Thank you for posting this, Maria! It really saves my day.

This is his message via Linkedin:

Hi Renaldi,

I'm the Marketing & Vendor Management Coordinator of Bering Lab, a translation agency based in Korea, with specialty in highly specialized/regulated areas such as legal, patents, life sciences, and financial.

We are seeing a growing demand for ENIndonesian translation work. Browsing through your profile, I noticed that you have done work as a Patent Translator. Just wondering if you are still available and interested in such work as a part-time freelancer? We have an impending project about to start soon, so would appreciate your prompt response.

If so, please complete a short form at apply.beringl.com and we will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you
Md Omar Faruk
Marketing & Vendor Management Coordinator
Bering Lab Inc

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 10:24
Member (2003)
French to English
Kesha Jordan Jan 10

I got this a few days ago:

Kesha Jordan

Translator service needed

Hello,

i got your contact from directory, i have an English document that I would like you to Translate. It's titled PUBLIC ORGANIZATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH. It's 61 pages document with 8,789 words. Please reply so I could attach and send it to you.

My Regards
Kesha

Susana Sherman
Susana Sherman  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same scam from a Yolanda Torres in San Jacinto CA Jan 16

I received exactly the same request from a Yolanda Torres from San Jacinto, CA, email address [email protected], telephone 209- 294-4988, address 389 South Sheriff Ave, apt 9, San Jacinto, CA 92583.

The Word file was 44 pages and over 11,000 words. I scanned the file with Norton Symantec anti-virus and it was safe so I exchanged a few emails with her before checking ProZ, thank you to all who posted about this sca
... See more
I received exactly the same request from a Yolanda Torres from San Jacinto, CA, email address [email protected], telephone 209- 294-4988, address 389 South Sheriff Ave, apt 9, San Jacinto, CA 92583.

The Word file was 44 pages and over 11,000 words. I scanned the file with Norton Symantec anti-virus and it was safe so I exchanged a few emails with her before checking ProZ, thank you to all who posted about this scam.

So luckily it did not go further than that.
Collapse

Nina Carrillo Corujo

Samara Jansen
Samara Jansen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
just got the emailjust now Feb 23

"Susan Gloria" - [email protected] is who I got it from. Sending the same 44 pg attachment. Be careful out there. I am glad I decided to research.
This is what I got:

Hello, how are you doing ? I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. It will be nice working with you. I hope you will treat me well just like other as I am deaf of hearing. I will be glad if you can handle project very wel
... See more
"Susan Gloria" - [email protected] is who I got it from. Sending the same 44 pg attachment. Be careful out there. I am glad I decided to research.
This is what I got:

Hello, how are you doing ? I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. It will be nice working with you. I hope you will treat me well just like other as I am deaf of hearing. I will be glad if you can handle project very well However, I will require your service to translate the attached English document. In the mean time, could you also confirm your charges per page, per source word or for the entire translation? 44 pages and 11646 words in total let me know how much you will charge ??The deadline for this Project is 1 month starting from 25th/Feb/2024. Finally, I'm proposing a cashier check or bank certified check for the payment. Please do not hesitate to confirm if this is okay with you? I look forward to reading from you soon.

Best Regards,
Collapse

Anna Miliutina
Nina Carrillo Corujo

Anna Miliutina
Anna Miliutina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:24
English to Russian
Just received an email today Feb 23

I also received an email from Susan Gloria ([email protected]) earlier today. She asked to translate the very same text from English to Russian. Be careful!

Milvio Ramirez
Milvio Ramirez
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Scam: Public Organization Procedures Research Phase 1 and 2 Mar 4

These guys are lazy... it's 2024 and they are using the same old document... changed the name of the sender from Scott to Grace Moris. The document can be found online here: https://www.etu.org.za/toolbox/docs/building/conflict.html#what please note the South Africa domain, here the text of the message:

''Am sure you will understand the pressure that comes wit
... See more
These guys are lazy... it's 2024 and they are using the same old document... changed the name of the sender from Scott to Grace Moris. The document can be found online here: https://www.etu.org.za/toolbox/docs/building/conflict.html#what please note the South Africa domain, here the text of the message:

''Am sure you will understand the pressure that comes with organizing such a big and important event, I received a notification confirming that payment sent for my Project will be deliver to you anytime from now. I was trying to email my client and I got a note in my email. The payment made to you by a client of mine whom I instructed to take care of the payment made a mistake of issuing the entire amount for my daughter's wedding planner and the project on the Payment sent to you instead of the exact amount for the project, I'm sorry for the wrong amount on payment. I was told she just got a new secretary, The instruction given to her was to make a separate payment to two different customers and she issued the whole amount ($4,760.00) on your name instead of ($800) I’m so mad right now and I do not know what I need to do because the other amount was meant for my daughter's wedding event planner. I know you are honest and God fearing. I actually wanted her to send the remaining of the balance to my daughter's event planner to take care of the wedding logistics and preparation. Please consider this a favor that I want you to do for me, I sensed you have integrity to maintain, deposit the check into your account or through mobile deposit for electronic verification and as soon as the money reflect in your account, you can proceed with the project and send back the difference in cash to the event planner, deduct the amount for your job and help me send the remaining balance to my daughter's event planner, thanks for your understanding and I pray God almighty will grant you your heart desires as you do this favor for the actualization of my Daughter's dream. I will contact the event planner right away to see which way is easier to get the rest of the fund over, am so sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to hear from you ASAP.''

Any contact message without full name, address and phone number should be of concern.
Greetings
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Anne-Sophie Matichard
Anne-Sophie Matichard  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2022)
French
+ ...
Same scam I guess, EN to French Mar 14

Hi!

I'm so glad I looked online and found you guys!

I received the same email yesterday from Mark Cutiis:

"Hello, I have a document I need you to translate from English to French Let me know if you're free to work on it. Here is my contact [email protected]"

And then when I ask for more details:
"I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. However, I will r
... See more
Hi!

I'm so glad I looked online and found you guys!

I received the same email yesterday from Mark Cutiis:

"Hello, I have a document I need you to translate from English to French Let me know if you're free to work on it. Here is my contact [email protected]"

And then when I ask for more details:
"I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. However, I will require your service to translate the attached English document. In the meantime, could you also confirm your charges per page, per source word or for the entire translation? The deadline for this Project is 1 month starting from 20th/March/2024. Finally, I'm proposing a cashier's check or bank certified check for the payment. Please do not hesitate to confirm if this is okay with you? I look forward to reading from you soon."

And the attachement was called: "PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH - PHASE 1"

Is there a way to report this?

Thank for your help guys!
Cheers!
Collapse

Fausto Menegozzo
Fausto Menegozzo
United States
English to Italian
Grace Moris is back! Mar 14

Received today:

"Hello, I have a document I need you to translate from
English to Italian Let me know if you're free to work on it.
Here is my contact [email protected]

Warm Regards,
Grace

-----------
Author: Grace Moris"

Milvio Ramirez wrote:

''Am sure you will understand the pressure that comes with organizing such a big and important event, I received a notification confirming that payment sent for my Project will be deliver to you anytime from now. I was trying to email my client and I got a note in my email. The payment made to you by a client of mine whom I instructed to take care of the payment made a mistake of issuing the entire amount for my daughter's wedding planner and the project on the Payment sent to you instead of the exact amount for the project, I'm sorry for the wrong amount on payment. I was told she just got a new secretary, The instruction given to her was to make a separate payment to two different customers and she issued the whole amount ($4,760.00) on your name instead of ($800) I’m so mad right now and I do not know what I need to do because the other amount was meant for my daughter's wedding event planner. I know you are honest and God fearing. I actually wanted her to send the remaining of the balance to my daughter's event planner to take care of the wedding logistics and preparation. Please consider this a favor that I want you to do for me, I sensed you have integrity to maintain, deposit the check into your account or through mobile deposit for electronic verification and as soon as the money reflect in your account, you can proceed with the project and send back the difference in cash to the event planner, deduct the amount for your job and help me send the remaining balance to my daughter's event planner, thanks for your understanding and I pray God almighty will grant you your heart desires as you do this favor for the actualization of my Daughter's dream. I will contact the event planner right away to see which way is easier to get the rest of the fund over, am so sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to hear from you ASAP.''

Any contact message without full name, address and phone number should be of concern.
Greetings

Sz-Wei CHEN
Sz-Wei CHEN
France
Local time: 16:24
Member (Feb 2024)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Be aware of the scam : LUKSO Organization Creative Research Phase 1 Mar 18

I was contacted by a certain Flickinger Elzabeth Sunday ([email protected]) for an English to Chinese translation, named "LUKSO Organization Creative Research Phase 1". It sounds suspicious from the beginning. Unfortunately, the scam still exists... Please be aware of the scam, and do not transfer your bank transfer information!!!

Muhammad Nejati
Muhammad Nejati
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Scammers Mar 18

Personally speaking, I have encountered them a few times and in my mind the best practice towards them is to vet each and every one of the clients thoroughly to make sure of their credibility. After providing them with the task, they might disappear into the thin air.

Aaron Alder
Aaron Alder  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:24
Member (2003)
German to English
Just contacted us Apr 10

Same guy just tried to scam us. I called him out on it and suggested that he might want to change his email address.

If you are an agency or a freelance translator, I would say NEVER accept a cashier's check as payment. It is always a scam.

Dixie Eva Kilus wrote:

This person found my information from ATA website and requested for me to translate 11,638 words (44 Pages) from English to Chinese on Public Organisation Procedures Phase 1. However it sounds suspicious when this person called James ([email protected]) insisted on proposing a cashier check or bank certified check for the payment even though I stated that only escrow payment is accepted. Yup, this is a scam and I am glad to have dodged this

Javier Moreno Pollarolo
Javier Moreno Pollarolo
United States
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Name is Florence Rhys [[email protected]] Apr 24

Yep, I just got this email from "her". The document is "PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1" and, of course, I googled this phrase and I got this page. I replied to her telling her "No. It's a scam. I am reporting you".

She replied "You are a fool for calling my project scam". Name and email: Florence Rhys [[email protected]]. IP address showed from New Jersey, but it can be a VPN...

Let's keep our bank accounts safe people!

... See more
Yep, I just got this email from "her". The document is "PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1" and, of course, I googled this phrase and I got this page. I replied to her telling her "No. It's a scam. I am reporting you".

She replied "You are a fool for calling my project scam". Name and email: Florence Rhys [[email protected]]. IP address showed from New Jersey, but it can be a VPN...

Let's keep our bank accounts safe people!

###You’re a fool for calling my project scam

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 11:23 PM, Florence Rhys wrote:

Ok

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 8:55 PM, Javier Moreno wrote:

Hi Florence,

Thank you for contacting me. Can you tell me what the document is about and
if I can see it before telling you if I can work on it?

Javier Moreno###

[Edited at 2024-04-24 06:59 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Public Organization Procedures Research Phase 1 and 2

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »