Export path rules - how do they actually work?
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 01:28
Swedish to English
Jun 18, 2012

OK, I give up! I cannot get my head around export path rules. I'm obviously doing something wrong because I keep getting the import path as the export path, which I guess is the default setting if the rule is corrupt.
I want to be able to import files from various source folders but I would like for all exported translated files to end up in the same folder, e.g. C:\[...]\My MemoQ Projects\Translated files.
How do I do it?

Albatros
Albatros  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:28
Member (2007)
English to Italian
one suggestion Jun 19, 2012

Hi Profdoc

As a starting point, you can use the following export rule:
[OrigPathAbs]\[OrigFileNameExt]

(replace square bracket with angle brackets)

This will be identical to the import path, so before you export the files, make sure you change the name of the root folder containing the source files, if you do not want to overwrite them.

To update everything to a single folder, you will need to press the [...] button to the right of the "R
... See more
Hi Profdoc

As a starting point, you can use the following export rule:
[OrigPathAbs]\[OrigFileNameExt]

(replace square bracket with angle brackets)

This will be identical to the import path, so before you export the files, make sure you change the name of the root folder containing the source files, if you do not want to overwrite them.

To update everything to a single folder, you will need to press the [...] button to the right of the "Rule" field in order to choose an export folder, then specify [OrigFileNameExt] as the rule. If you have unique file names, all files will be exported to that folder.

[Edited at 2012-06-19 09:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-19 09:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-19 09:22 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export path rules - how do they actually work?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »