Rebelo Júnior
Rebelo Júnior  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 29, 2011

Folks,
I have accepted a localization job for a chemical company, and I have received lots of .ASPX files with HTML tags. I have to translate all the text within the html code, and that´s my problem: to define what text I have to translate. I am under the impression that I have to translate the test between quotes, but I am not sure… Could someone help me please?
Here follows an example:

%@ Page Language="C#" StylesheetTheme="inside" MasterPageFile="~/ptb/templates/a
... See more
Folks,
I have accepted a localization job for a chemical company, and I have received lots of .ASPX files with HTML tags. I have to translate all the text within the html code, and that´s my problem: to define what text I have to translate. I am under the impression that I have to translate the test between quotes, but I am not sure… Could someone help me please?
Here follows an example:

%@ Page Language="C#" StylesheetTheme="inside" MasterPageFile="~/ptb/templates/about.master" %
asp:Content ID="SubheadRegion" runat="Server" ContentPlaceHolderID="SubheadRegion">Applications/Customer List
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sample is blank! Jul 29, 2011

Hi,
your sample did not go through. You might want to resend it...
Luca

Rebelo Júnior
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can´t ... Jul 29, 2011

Luca Tutino wrote:

Hi,
your sample did not go through. You might want to resend it...
Luca

I’m trying hard, but there’s no way I can find to copy/paste the text… I can send you via email if your allow me to do so. Thanks, Rebelo.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:40
French to English
CAT tool? Jul 29, 2011

Press the quote button to see the example text.

First of all, are you using any CAT tool for this job? Perhaps do a test translation of a small part and ask your customer to confirm that you have correctly defined the translatable parts.

[Edited at 2011-07-29 18:34 GMT]

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Code Jul 29, 2011

Here's your sample, fixed:

%@ Page Language="C#" StylesheetTheme="inside" MasterPageFile="~/ptb/templates/about.master" %
asp:Content ID="SubheadRegion" runat="Server" ContentPlaceHolderID="SubheadRegion">Applications/Customer List</asp:Content
asp:Content ID="AboutInfo" runat="Server" ContentPlaceHolderID="AboutInfo"
table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"
td width="100%" valign="top" style="padding-right:10px;"
ucPageConten
... See more
Here's your sample, fixed:

asp:Content ID="SubheadRegion" runat="Server" ContentPlaceHolderID="SubheadRegion">Applications/Customer List</asp:Content
asp:Content ID="AboutInfo" runat="Server" ContentPlaceHolderID="AboutInfo"
table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"
td width="100%" valign="top" style="padding-right:10px;"
ucPageContent:PageContent ID="ucPageContent" runat="server" PageID="1425" /
/table
/asp:Content

I'm pretty sure none of this is translatable except for Applications/Customer list (things like valign="top" remain in English as they are essentially code, not text), but the fragment is too short to really tell and there could be edge cases. It's best to ask the client.

[Edited at 2011-07-29 19:12 GMT]
Collapse

Rebelo Júnior
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Codes Jul 30, 2011

Farkas, thank you so much! I will contact the client. Best regards, Rebelo.

Andrea Piu
Andrea Piu  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
only text between >...< Jul 30, 2011

The only thing you have to change is this: >Applications/Customer List

use Microsoft VS Feb 7, 2012

Obviously the website your are localiztaion uses the ASP.NET programming language. You should get the whole website folder (source code) and open it with VS2008 or VS2010. You could not just change the aspx file to html file by translating what it appears on your brower. You have to translate in the source code!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with HTML Codes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »