Thread poster: Psytrans
Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:52
German to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2003

I\'ve just started using Transit Satellite PE for the first time. Unfortunately it crashed yesterday and the only way I could open up the application again was to create a new user. Now I can\'t work in the file (or language pair) I was using when it crashed. I get an error message telling me that the file is being used. Transit has created another version of the same file and given it a different extension, but it doesn\'t save any changes I make in the file. Has anyone come across this before,... See more
I\'ve just started using Transit Satellite PE for the first time. Unfortunately it crashed yesterday and the only way I could open up the application again was to create a new user. Now I can\'t work in the file (or language pair) I was using when it crashed. I get an error message telling me that the file is being used. Transit has created another version of the same file and given it a different extension, but it doesn\'t save any changes I make in the file. Has anyone come across this before, or have any ideas what I can do? I don\'t want to upset the project in any way. TIACollapse

Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
English to Russian
+ ...
Try find the language file with the .lok extension and delete it Mar 12, 2003

Probably, Transit created a .lok file, sometimes it happens. Try to locate and delete it. Or try to open the project (.pxf) anew and answer yes to all overwrite warnings

HTH

Quote:

On 2003-03-12 20:06, Maginnif wrote:

I\'ve just started using Transit Satellite PE for the first time. Unfortunately it crashed yesterday and the only way I could open up the application again was to ... See more
Probably, Transit created a .lok file, sometimes it happens. Try to locate and delete it. Or try to open the project (.pxf) anew and answer yes to all overwrite warnings

HTH

Quote:

On 2003-03-12 20:06, Maginnif wrote:

I\'ve just started using Transit Satellite PE for the first time. Unfortunately it crashed yesterday and the only way I could open up the application again was to create a new user. Now I can\'t work in the file (or language pair) I was using when it crashed. I get an error message telling me that the file is being used. Transit has created another version of the same file and given it a different extension, but it doesn\'t save any changes I make in the file. Has anyone come across this before, or have any ideas what I can do? I don\'t want to upset the project in any way. TIA

Collapse

Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:52
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. That did the trick. Mar 12, 2003

I deleted the lok file and it\'s working again. Thanks so much for your help!

Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open file (language pair) in transit satellite PE

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »