How to import FFD files into transit satellite?
Thread poster: Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:19
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2007

Hello to all Transit users,

A client happened to send me a FFD file instead of a PXF file and tells me that there is no problem at importing it into Transit Satellite.

Do you know how to turn a FFD file into a PXF file or either to import it in some way into Transit Satellite?

Thanks a lott!

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
FFD? Apr 22, 2007

Hi Maria,
an FFD file = file format definition file. This type of file contains all the settings required for importing a certain type of document (e.g. Word, Trados-presegmented Word doc, Excel, Powerpoint, etc, etc) into Transit. It has nothing to do with a translation file at all. Not only that, if you are using Satellite this type of file is totally useless as you need the full version of Transit to be able to use it! The PM must send you a PXF.
HTH,
Jill

[Edited at
... See more
Hi Maria,
an FFD file = file format definition file. This type of file contains all the settings required for importing a certain type of document (e.g. Word, Trados-presegmented Word doc, Excel, Powerpoint, etc, etc) into Transit. It has nothing to do with a translation file at all. Not only that, if you are using Satellite this type of file is totally useless as you need the full version of Transit to be able to use it! The PM must send you a PXF.
HTH,
Jill

[Edited at 2007-04-22 13:18]
Collapse

Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 22, 2007

Hi Jill,

that´s what I thought, I was going crazy with the file!

I have written the PM asking for the PXF,

thanks for your help!

M.

Aleksandr Surkov
Aleksandr Surkov
Estonia
Local time: 12:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Project > Recieve... Apr 23, 2007

...and select your PXF file (it's a project file for translation).
When translations is done: Project > Send.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import FFD files into transit satellite?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »