Transit XV - is there a concordance function for just one word?
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:50
German to English
Jun 22, 2004

Hi Prozies,

Transit XV is gradually unfolding its mysteries to me, very slowly and very painfully!

What is frustrating me at this point, however, is that I cannot find a concordance function for checking all past translations of just one single word (rather than the whole segment) such as offered in Trados. Surely this must be possible in Transit as well??

I am working on a large project divided over many files. In some cases I know perfectly well that a te
... See more
Hi Prozies,

Transit XV is gradually unfolding its mysteries to me, very slowly and very painfully!

What is frustrating me at this point, however, is that I cannot find a concordance function for checking all past translations of just one single word (rather than the whole segment) such as offered in Trados. Surely this must be possible in Transit as well??

I am working on a large project divided over many files. In some cases I know perfectly well that a term has popped up before but at this point have come up with no more satisfactory means for searching for it than opening each file individually and using the "Find" option. There must be a better way!

Is there an equivalent of the concordance function in Trados where you just mark a word, hit a button and it displays all past translations of the marked word???

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Rebecca
Collapse

Pro Lingua
Pro Lingua  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
German to Slovak
+ ...
Concordance in Transit XV Smart Jun 22, 2004

For single words you can use or create a dictionary, so that every term you placed in it appears red coloured in the source language and is shown in the lower left corner of your desktop (depends on how you have arranged your Transit). For transferring terms into the dictionary mark the source and the target term click "Edit" and than "Transfer marked terms into dictionary".

Francesco Volpe
Francesco Volpe  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
concordance Jun 22, 2004

Under the Options menu, select Concordance Search and in the dialogue window insert the term you're looking for.

Hope it helps.

Francesco

Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:50
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 22, 2004

Thank you both very much for the helpful suggestions - they will save me a lot of time!

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
concordance with right mouse button Jun 23, 2004

Mark the word/phrase you are searching for and

1) right-click, choose "concordance search" from the list

or

2) click on the concordance button on the toolbar (binocs with ABC written underneath).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV - is there a concordance function for just one word?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »