Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez
Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 17, 2023

Hello colleagues,

I have been using Trados Studio subscriptions a couple of years.

It happens that I do not need Trados as a CAT tool any longer for now because I have got a single one client that provides me with Phrase to translate and for which I only translate and localize video games. This client gives me as much work as working full-time for them. It is expected that this situation lasts much time, even many years.

For this reason, I do not wish to re
... See more
Hello colleagues,

I have been using Trados Studio subscriptions a couple of years.

It happens that I do not need Trados as a CAT tool any longer for now because I have got a single one client that provides me with Phrase to translate and for which I only translate and localize video games. This client gives me as much work as working full-time for them. It is expected that this situation lasts much time, even many years.

For this reason, I do not wish to renovate my Trados Studio subscription, but I am interested in keeping on using exclusively Multiterm to continue learning about other fields and manage my TBs, that can be useful in the future.

The SDL team has not answered my query asking if it is possible to subscribe only to Multiterm and, even though I am not sure if I can purchase a license only for Multiterm, I am afraid of the fact that Multiterm 2022 will not be compatible with future Trados' versions. I mean Trados Studio 2030 or even further.

I would like to read your suggestions or if you know about another nice application that is fully compatible with Trados or which TBs can be converted into Multiterm termbases.

Best regards and have a nice week ahead!
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:01
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Glossary Converter Apr 17, 2023

The Glossary Converter allows an easy conversion between different glossary formats and MultiTerm termbases. Supported formats include Excel, tbx, and MultiTerm export files (xdt + xml).

You can learn more about the glossary converter here .

The tool's main task is to convert between MultiTerm termbases and Excel spreadsheets. It works by dragging and dropping a file of one type onto the appl
... See more
The Glossary Converter allows an easy conversion between different glossary formats and MultiTerm termbases. Supported formats include Excel, tbx, and MultiTerm export files (xdt + xml).

You can learn more about the glossary converter here .

The tool's main task is to convert between MultiTerm termbases and Excel spreadsheets. It works by dragging and dropping a file of one type onto the application or onto the shortcut of the application that is installed on the desktop, and produces the other type in the same folder as the source file.

So, basically, you can create glossaries as Excel sheets and then convert them to MultiTerm termbases.
Collapse

Jorge Payan
expressisverbis
Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:01
English to Russian
Trados Studio, Multiterm and Passolo installers Apr 18, 2023

There is an open RWS page where you can download the supported versions of Trados Studio and Multiterm.
As far as I know you can run MultiTerm without Trados. At least, I could install MultiTerm and open a termbase with no Trados installed on my fresh Windows. I can't say if it w
... See more
There is an open RWS page where you can download the supported versions of Trados Studio and Multiterm.
As far as I know you can run MultiTerm without Trados. At least, I could install MultiTerm and open a termbase with no Trados installed on my fresh Windows. I can't say if it works in all respects though because I don't use MultiTerm (Trados can handle termbases on its own), I simply installed it and opend a TB, then I removed it. That's it.
This page is for Passolo.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm subscription

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »