Thread poster: gradara
gradara
gradara
Italy
Local time: 11:10
German to Italian
Aug 17, 2012

Hi everybody!
It may sound a silly question but I need to know how to quote on a job on ProZ, since I've never done it before. Should I indicated my rates specifying repetition/100% matches rates and the like, even if not requested by the outsourcer?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions/advice!

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:10
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Submitting a quote on a job posting Aug 17, 2012

Hello Gradara,

First, note that not all job postings accept quotes. Some outsourcers prefer to be contacted directly via email and so their email address is made visible in the "Contact information" section of the job posting (and so the "Submit quote" button is not visible).

However, when the particular job posting you are interested in is accepting quotes, to begin the process you need to click on the "Submit Quote" button at the top or bottom of the posting to be ab
... See more
Hello Gradara,

First, note that not all job postings accept quotes. Some outsourcers prefer to be contacted directly via email and so their email address is made visible in the "Contact information" section of the job posting (and so the "Submit quote" button is not visible).

However, when the particular job posting you are interested in is accepting quotes, to begin the process you need to click on the "Submit Quote" button at the top or bottom of the posting to be able to enter your proposed rate. Once you are on the "Quote Form", you will be able to submit your rate that you are willing to work for. Remember, you will need to use your wallet (as you are not a member) to quote on job. The cost for quoting is $ 1 USD.

Once you finally submit your quote to the outsourcer, they are given the option to select "No action", "No thank you", or "Accept" regarding your quote.

To view past quotes, please click on "My Quotes" in the "Jobs" menu bar on the homepage.

Hope this explains! Please let me know if you have any question, or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:10
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Why would you want to offer rebates Aug 17, 2012

if nobody requested them?

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:10
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
just supply the required information Aug 18, 2012

Hello Gradara,

gradara wrote:
Should I indicated my rates specifying repetition/100% matches rates and the like, even if not requested by the outsourcer?

I would just submit a quote answering the information that the client asked for. If they ask for a CV, submit your CV. If they ask for your rates, give them your rates. I would never supply them with information that they didn't ask for. After all, if they are not trying to push for discounts, why offer them? It is not in your interest to do so.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

gradara
gradara
Italy
Local time: 11:10
German to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
information on quoting Aug 19, 2012

Thank you all for the valuable advice. A specialank to Alejandro for the in-depth information on the quoting "system". Have a nice weekend!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

quoting on a translation project

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »