Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >
What is the highest number of KudoZ questions asked by a single individual?
Thread poster: Ty Kendall
writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Wow. I hadn't noticed....... Jul 31, 2012

Steffen Walter wrote:

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

Gudrun Wolfrath wrote:

There is another one

with a ratio of 3538 (questions asked - and still counting) : 11 (questions answered).

The person offers translations from three languages into her mother tongue and vice versa!

This person reached the 3574/11 mark, deleted her profile and opened a new one. That shouldn't be within the rules, but nothing surpriises me around here these days.

Indeed, Cilian. She opened a new profile under her real name. I've submitted a related support ticket.

Hi Steffen.
Please let us know the response to your support ticket. I'll be surprised if that will be seen as an 'illegal' move. One definitely can't have two profiles running for the same person but unless the rules for this have also been changed or been made harsher, I think one can delete a profile at will and simply sign up again with a new one.

psicutrinius
psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:08
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
And the more I think of not letting the KudoZ record to be hidden... Aug 1, 2012

The more I see it as a cheap and easy (and badly needed) solution.

Which, on top, at least as far as I know, CAN be done without affecting the present set of rules (which, again as I believe) do not deal with this.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Received the obvious answer from support Aug 1, 2012

In a nutshell: "No rules were violated because she deleted her old profile before setting up the new one."

Why am I not surprised?

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:08
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's disappointing Aug 1, 2012

Steffen Walter wrote:

In a nutshell: "No rules were violated because she deleted her old profile before setting up the new one."

Why am I not surprised?

It seems like such an obvious loophole to exploit the system.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Does it not violate Rule 7? Aug 2, 2012

"Creating a new profile to bypass restrictions or gain advantages is prohibited."

She could have just changed her user name and kept everything else. She obviously hopes to gain some advantage by redefining herself. Maybe in the form of assistance from people who normally filter her.

(edited to correct typo)

[Edited at 2012-08-02 19:11 GMT]

psicutrinius
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
@ Cillian, @ Steffen Aug 2, 2012

I think you have a point here, and a serious one -it seems that the answer to the ticket has been taken too lightly -at least, this RULE

"Creating a new profile to bypass restrictions or gain advantages is prohibited."

is clear enough, and reporting a case that MAYBE incurs in it at least requires (1) a VERY thorough investigation, (2) a PROPER report on the findings (and duly signed, on top).

That is, the result of Steffen's ticket SHOULD have been
... See more
I think you have a point here, and a serious one -it seems that the answer to the ticket has been taken too lightly -at least, this RULE

is clear enough, and reporting a case that MAYBE incurs in it at least requires (1) a VERY thorough investigation, (2) a PROPER report on the findings (and duly signed, on top).

That is, the result of Steffen's ticket SHOULD have been a thorough investigation of the case -which judging from previous posts is quite clearly localized, with name and all- and, besides, the findings and the subsequently taken actions should also be reported to him.

This, in itself, requires a new ticket or, more logically, that Steffen reopens it (so that all the previous history is there for all the Proz staff to see), explaining that he disagrees, because rule 7 (and he might even add the link to it, just in case) says what it says and perhaps adding a rather sharp comment about the first answer and the fact that YOU (Steffen) have had to check the SACRED RULES for ProZ staff... I will not give specifics here because the way I feel about the matter would result in a comment that would mean my immediate expulsion (and I am not interested yet in such a development).

And please, again, let us know the outcome... perhaps we will need to send "a few" identical tickets to get their attention. I HOPE that this will not be the case.

And excuse me, please, but I am right now up to the eyebrows in a job which will keep me on my toes well until Monday

Steffen - I have never meant to "TEACH" you, so excuse me, really, if all of the above sounds even more than a bit like it. I mean that the best way here, in my opinion, is that the chain of events must be preserved, and I see no other way for doing so that the one I have exposed. I can certainly write a ticket myself, but then the history so far (hence the "gem": "No rules were violated because she deleted her old profile before setting up the new one." disappears).[Edited at 2012-08-02 19:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-08-02 19:04 GMT]
Collapse

Cilian O'Tuama
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Aha, something has been done about it. Aug 3, 2012

Back to the old name and the counter is still running.

3588 / 11

I wonder if the site took action after all.

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
Nearing the 4400 mark Aug 3, 2012

The current leader is at 4390 at present. Imo, it's a bit slowed down because questions are now being posted on another site as well. Already up there with the 'top' askers.

Make that 4395 and still counting......

[Edited at 2012-08-04 11:15 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Cilian O'Tuama
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Well, that's odd! Aug 5, 2012

Why is this thread not moving up the list when new postings are added? I mean the 20 "latest forum posts" list on the homepage (sorted according to time, in my case).

The latest post here dates from Aug 3. There's no sign of it, though several recent posts from Aug 2 on other threads are still currently visible.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation and I'm overlooking something silly, but I think my settings are correct, and it works fine with the other threads I tra
... See more
Why is this thread not moving up the list when new postings are added? I mean the 20 "latest forum posts" list on the homepage (sorted according to time, in my case).

The latest post here dates from Aug 3. There's no sign of it, though several recent posts from Aug 2 on other threads are still currently visible.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation and I'm overlooking something silly, but I think my settings are correct, and it works fine with the other threads I track.

Could there be intention behind it? Naw.

[Edited at 2012-08-05 21:57 GMT]
Collapse

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:08
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Indeed, why? Aug 5, 2012

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

Why is this thread not moving up the list when new postings are added?

Same goes for the "other" thread.

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
4410 Aug 5, 2012

and still counting.
That's the highest number of Kudoz questions asked by a single individual that I know of. Is there anyone who has asked more (on Proz)?

Time to seriously think about preparations to commemorate no. 5000?

[Edited at 2012-08-06 05:40 GMT]

psicutrinius
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
yeah, writeaway Aug 5, 2012

of which 36 placed 1 -3 August -and some of which in a language I do not speak but read acceptably, and some of the questions are so inane that I can answer them, in English, in Spanish, in Catalan and in French, from memory and without any checking...

...and which are not part of my specialities.

[Edited at 2012-08-05 10:33 GMT]

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
That's why they are all answered imo Aug 5, 2012

psicutrinius wrote:

of which 36 placed 1 -3 August -and some of which in a language I do not speak but read acceptably, and some of the questions are so inane that I can answer them, in English, in Spanish, in Catalan and in French, from memory and without any checking...

...and which are not part of my specialities.

[Edited at 2012-08-05 10:33 GMT]

I often have the same reaction. Many (not all however) of the questions are those that can be answered by virtually any translator which is why, imo, they all get answered. Since most are posted as pro, regardless of how easy they are, they attract many eager-beaver pointz seekers who don't work in the language(s) and/or field(s). This non-stop question asker is not the only person posting such questions, it must be said. The difference here is the sheer number.

Cilian O'Tuama
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Lisa Aug 5, 2012

Lisa Simpson, MCIL wrote:

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

Why is this thread not moving up the list when new postings are added?

Same goes for the "other" thread.

Your "other" thread does move up, is currently 4th, while this thread is nowhere to be seen.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the highest number of KudoZ questions asked by a single individual?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »