interpreter's research
Thread poster: Alexander Dunitz (X)
Alexander Dunitz (X)
Alexander Dunitz (X)
Local time: 02:34
English to Italian
Feb 4, 2005

Hi,
where can I start gathering info on an interpreting assignment? I have a presentation for university on thursday regarding the interpreter's research and it's relevance to practice. I imagined a situation of an old lady that has an appointment with the doctor for a check-up, after a serious operation. (She obviously doesn't speak English) How can I start my research? Where do I look?
Thanks
Alex

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm a bit confused Feb 4, 2005

You're interpreting a presentation on interpreting? Or you're giving a presentation on interpreting?

For what it's worth, anyway, this is one of the most comprehensive preparation portals. At the very least, it'll give you an idea on the types of material we work with.

PS: Sorry, the pasted link doesn't work. But search GlossPost by selecting
... See more
You're interpreting a presentation on interpreting? Or you're giving a presentation on interpreting?

For what it's worth, anyway, this is one of the most comprehensive preparation portals. At the very least, it'll give you an idea on the types of material we work with.

PS: Sorry, the pasted link doesn't work. But search GlossPost by selecting any EU combination and putting "JCIS" as a keyword.

[Edited at 2005-02-04 15:56]
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 17:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
Try this revised URL for accessing that website Feb 4, 2005

Greetings.

Try this revised URL to access and scout that intersting website

http://scic.cec.eu.int/DAI/

HTH.

Regards,

Stephen H.Franke
(English Arabic,
Kurdish, and Farsi)
San Pedro, California, USA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpreter's research

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »