Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:14
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 12, 2019

Hi
did anybody here using a Mac find a way to "generate" the uppercase German "ẞ" other than copying and pasting it from some German website. I know that there's a key combo for Windows, but apparently there's none for the Mac.
Nothing vital, really...

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Link Jun 12, 2019

Is it too late to hope that this ugly monstrosity never gains traction? Probably yes, so here goes - here's a link that shows a way to create a shortcut:

https://www.macwelt.de/a/tipp-grosses-ss-und-x1e9e-auf-dem-mac,3437279

I at least will never use it until pointed at with a gun.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Großes Szett Jun 12, 2019

Erik Freitag wrote:

Is it too late to hope that this ugly monstrosity never gains traction? Probably yes, so here goes - here's a link that shows a way to create a shortcut:

https://www.macwelt.de/a/tipp-grosses-ss-und-x1e9e-auf-dem-mac,3437279

I at least will never use it until pointed at with a gun.

Well, could be an option in case three SSS occur. The Macwelt tip I already tried some time ago doesn't work because when trying to paste the ẞ it is replaced in the setting table by... "SS". And anyway, if the ẞ is going to stay in bold face, this is really not an option.

[Edited at 2019-06-12 15:00 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Großes Szett

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »