Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 04:34
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 2, 2016

Hi all,

Could you please share your experience with me and suggest a professional OS X based project management software for Translation agencies.

After having used Projetex for years I would like to get a straight software to use directly on my Mac platform without any interference of Windows/Parallels.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Sherefedin

Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
TOM, FileMaker-based tool Jul 3, 2016

we have been using TOM (http://www.jovo-soft.de/) for a number of years now. Its MacOs compatibility was one of the primary reasons why we purchased it back in 2007 when we were still a Mac-only outfit.
I'd suggest you get in touch with the developer and ask for a demo version.

Stefan

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 4, 2016

Thank you Stefan for your suggestion. I have contacted jovo-soft and asked for some more details about their software.
Hope this will bring a more stable solution to my present configuration.

Best regards,
Sherefedin

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
Local time: 05:34
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Protemos Jul 25, 2016

www.protemos.com

It's not OS X, but web-based, so it does not matter which operating system you use. All you need is just a browser.

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Any for freelancers besides TOM? Aug 26, 2016

I'm trying to move away from TO3000 as it's only Win based and I don't run my VM 24/7. I'm checking out TOM demo, but what other options are there?

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I recommend "BaccS" Aug 26, 2016

Some info:

http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/303146-baccs_free_online_invoicing_and_pm_software_for_translators.html

http://www.ibaccs.com/

Michael

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Online doesnt work for me Aug 26, 2016

Hi Michael, thanks for your recommendation, but I don't want any of the online browser based tools.

With a local install, I can have a copy of database in time machine and another copy in dropbox, which would give me a backup automatically in laptop, desktop, cloud, and external hdd.

With online-only solution the PM software provider could go under and I could lose all my data in a day.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly what I am looking for Aug 26, 2016

Lennart Luhtaru wrote:

Hi Michael, thanks for your recommendation, but I don't want any of the online browser based tools.

With a local install, I can have a copy of database in time machine and another copy in dropbox, which would give me a backup automatically in laptop, desktop, cloud, and external hdd.

With online-only solution the PM software provider could go under and I could lose all my data in a day.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
BaccS has a backup system (allowing you to export/download all your data regularly) Aug 26, 2016

Lennart Luhtaru wrote:

Hi Lennart,

BaccS has a system to backup (and restore) all of your important data. See e.g: http://www.ibaccs.com/BackupRestore

It also has a system to import all of your data from TO3000, making it extremely easy to test your existing data from TO3000. see e.g.: http://www.ibaccs.com/ImportExternalData

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OS based project management software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »