Thread poster: Nehad Hussein
Nehad Hussein
Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:41
English to Arabic
Mar 10, 2014

Hello Dear Linguists,

A new client has approached me lately and wish me to use Trados in his work. i am new to the use of CAT tools and still undecided which one to go for. I am thinking either XTM or Trados the freelance edition. In term of cost, they nearly the same. I am worried about which is more effective in features and able to accommodate all my client needs. Can you please give me your advise?

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:41
About XTM Mar 11, 2014

Hi Nehad,

There is a significant price difference between XTM Cloud and Trados Studio 2014 Feelance.
Trados Studio costs you €590, and a further €208 later to upgrade (and only for a short period after which the price goes even higher!) making it a big financial commitment, while you can work on XTM Cloud from as little as €11 a month with no obligation so you can spend only as much as you need to without investing a lot of money.
In terms of features it’s all
... See more
Hi Nehad,

There is a significant price difference between XTM Cloud and Trados Studio 2014 Feelance.
Trados Studio costs you €590, and a further €208 later to upgrade (and only for a short period after which the price goes even higher!) making it a big financial commitment, while you can work on XTM Cloud from as little as €11 a month with no obligation so you can spend only as much as you need to without investing a lot of money.
In terms of features it’s all down to your clients and their needs as well as your personal preferences. XTM is a completely browser-based translation tool which does not bound you to a single machine and gives you the freedom of working from any computer or mobile device. What is more, XTM is completely compliant to translation industry open standards which means that you can process files such as TMX, TBX, XLIFF and many more (including SDL formats) in it. Please also take note of the XTM Xchange which is a module dedicated to freelancers like you to help you find jobs from within our system!

To find out about the benefits of using XTM Cloud please visit - http://www.xtm-intl.com/xtmcloud
Feel free to ask any questions regarding our tool via this forum on through our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/XTM-International-Better-Translation-Technology/338659713135
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Can XTM be a replacement to Trados?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »