Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:13
Chinese to German
+ ...
Oct 9, 2020

Hi,

I am translating a project with aligned reference material that should be revised before using it for the translation.

Does anybody have an idea how to set up the pretranslation settings so that translation matches from the current text (i.e. segments that I have already revised/translated myself) are inserted and confirmed automatically while matches from the aligned translation may be inserted but not confirmed as translated?

I have already played aro
... See more
Hi,

I am translating a project with aligned reference material that should be revised before using it for the translation.

Does anybody have an idea how to set up the pretranslation settings so that translation matches from the current text (i.e. segments that I have already revised/translated myself) are inserted and confirmed automatically while matches from the aligned translation may be inserted but not confirmed as translated?

I have already played around with basically all settings in the Project settings - Pretranslation window as well as the Matches - Fuzzy Search window. So far, nothing has worked. I have checked "Set segment status to 'Check pretranslation' if aligned segment was used" and set the status for pretranslated segments to "As reference segment" (the status of the aligned segments is "Alignment checked") as there is no option to set a lower status. I have done this in the project settings as well as the User Preferences.

Whatever I have tried, I will either get ALL 100% matches (alignment plus current translation) automatically inserted and confirmed or none.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

TIA, Iris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirmation of aligned reference material

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »