Thread poster: Tom Müller
Tom Müller
Tom Müller
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 4, 2018

Dear community,

I would like to import a document that contains a macro. This macro contains text as well. When I import this document into Transit - are those texts coming from the macro also imported?

Thanks in advance for your help.

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
Nope Jun 4, 2018

Nope.
You need to extract the manually.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Why don’t you try? Jun 4, 2018

Tom Müller wrote:

Dear community,

I would like to import a document that contains a macro. This macro contains text as well. When I import this document into Transit - are those texts coming from the macro also imported?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My guess: no this macro text won’t be imported.

Workaround: Press Alt+F8, select the macro to translate, in the VB editor select everything between Sub macro name and End Sub, press Ctrl+C. Paste the macro text into a new Word (or plain text) document. Etc.

[Edited at 2018-06-05 06:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a Word document with VBA macrons into transit

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »