Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
New like / share buttons in ProZ.com forums? (Staff: "Not yet")
Thread poster: John Fossey
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:21
English to Italian
Agree May 31, 2018

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Andy Watkinson wrote:

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

AllegroTrans wrote:

What on earth are "like" buttons (and the like, if you will excuse the pun) needed for?? And while we are on the topic, do serious translators have the time and inclination to push useless buttons?

If "serious translators" have time to read and participate in the fora, then I would venture to guess they would also have the time to click on a button to express their agreement with a post, rather than clicking and pushing several buttons just to write "I agree". Furthermore, having strings of posts that quote a previous comment only to add "I agree" seems hardly functional or desirable, while a simple counter would serve the same function in an efficient and unobtrusive way.

That said, as I wrote before, I totally agree that a similar feature (if implemented) should not be linked in any way to social networks and/or external platforms.

...I agree.

I agree.

.....for agreeing with me.

Because I agree with you too.

PS. Just occurred to me. Wouldn't an Agree button do away with all of this?

[Edited at 2018-05-31 04:47 GMT]

I must say I tend to agree...

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:21
SITE FOUNDER
The "agree" button was released Jun 13, 2018

Hi folks. A home-grown "agree" button has been released. See: https://www.proz.com/topic/326098

I'll close this topic. If you would like to share feedback, please do so in the new thread. Thank you!

John Fossey

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New like / share buttons in ProZ.com forums? (Staff: "Not yet")

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »