Tatiana Fröhlich
Germany
Local time: 15:06
Member (2013)
Slovak to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: CorbettAM, Didn´t see that tweet at all Apr 9, 2019

Thanks for info, that´s what I wanted to know.
I really appreciate your support, thank you very much.

Corbett AM

Corbett AM
Corbett AM  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 14:06
French to English
+ ...
Thanks for the warning Apr 9, 2019

Thanks, sort of, for letting me know I have someone like MB to be wary of now (regardless of whoever else is posting on the TS account right now). Imagine if I had not known about his tweet and only found out after deciding for some reason in the future to follow him (not that he'd have allowed it I suppose)? That would have been embarrassing!

I don't know if their irrational reaction to me and their complete blocking of your attempt to contact them will help your case against them,
... See more
Thanks, sort of, for letting me know I have someone like MB to be wary of now (regardless of whoever else is posting on the TS account right now). Imagine if I had not known about his tweet and only found out after deciding for some reason in the future to follow him (not that he'd have allowed it I suppose)? That would have been embarrassing!

I don't know if their irrational reaction to me and their complete blocking of your attempt to contact them will help your case against them, but who knows.
Collapse

Tatiana Fröhlich
Tatiana Fröhlich
Germany
Member (2013)
Slovak to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: CorbettAM Apr 9, 2019

Thanks to Across Systems and Jerome, the patron saint of translators, the issue seems to be solved now and my details were deleted from scammer list.
Once again, I am very grateful to you as well as to Kaspars Melkis, Thomas Frost and other colleagues for your kindness and support.
Should any of you visit Frankfurt area or Prague, I owe you a drink.
And should any of you become a victim of the self-appointed trinity (police-judge-executioner in one), I will be there for you.

Kaspars Melkis

Corbett AM
Ireland
French to English
+ ...
Nice to hear ... Apr 9, 2019

... that Saint Jerome and Across (I don't get that connection though) stepped up to the plate and helped you.

I shall remain wary of them following their overreaction to my response. I suppose I can still access their website (or can I? I have not checked). Thanks for the promised support. I'll hold you to that and to the drink in Frankfurt /Prague. Hopefully I won't need it though.

Cheers

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
no title Apr 9, 2019

CorbettAM wrote:

... that Saint Jerome and Across (I don't get that connection though)

I suppose he means a rare cooperation of divine and diabolical forces.

Good to hear you found a happy ending, Maat. Btw. have you also found out how did you end up on the scammer list...?? (Sorry if I'm too curious....)

Corbett AM
Ireland
French to English
+ ...
I think Maat has moved on... Apr 12, 2019

... but it's pretty obvious how he ended up on the list - someone malicious put him on it - and it could happen to any of us. Someone mentioned a disgruntled PM who hates that you won't accept lower rates but it could simply be his competition as well. We could be here forever working out who it could have been.

I note that as of today 2,014 people have viewed this thread but only a few of us contributed to it.

I noticed yesterday evening on Twitter, during a bre
... See more
... but it's pretty obvious how he ended up on the list - someone malicious put him on it - and it could happen to any of us. Someone mentioned a disgruntled PM who hates that you won't accept lower rates but it could simply be his competition as well. We could be here forever working out who it could have been.

I note that as of today 2,014 people have viewed this thread but only a few of us contributed to it.

I noticed yesterday evening on Twitter, during a break from a translation job I was doing (I find it too distracting to keep an eye on it all day), that a few people were coming up on the 'who to follow' list with the added information for me that they follow or are followed by Translator Scammers. This is strange considering I am neither being followed by nor following that account anymore because of their over-reaction, so the fact they follow or are followed by TS is irrelevant to me. It is normal for people to show up on your 'who to follow' list on twitter because you have someone in common with them or you may have nobody in common and they just happened to go into your profile.

I hope it's just a twitter glitch but it's kind of creepy. These same people could be the volunteers mentioned on the TS website who might also be involved in the twitter account. I wonder if Michael B has volunteered his services to them yet or does he just choose to direct the TS folks to Proz and other websites through his Twitter activities?
Collapse

Corbett AM
Ireland
French to English
+ ...
ts directory twitter account suspended... Sep 26, 2019

... for violating twitter policy.

Just in case anyone thought this crowd were allowed to get away with anything.

Anyone who suggests in the spam forums that a gmail account is a bad sign might want to know that the email address that you report suspicious scam to this all powerful group is a gmail address.

There are quite a lot of respectable translators with gmail addresses - and some with websites use gsuite as their email server - but this is about
... See more
... for violating twitter policy.

Just in case anyone thought this crowd were allowed to get away with anything.

Anyone who suggests in the spam forums that a gmail account is a bad sign might want to know that the email address that you report suspicious scam to this all powerful group is a gmail address.

There are quite a lot of respectable translators with gmail addresses - and some with websites use gsuite as their email server - but this is about TS anyway.

I don't know what they were doing but for once twitter did something right if they saw they were doing something wrong and suspended their account (a lot of accounts on twitter should be suspended ... where do you start?). Maybe they have created an account under another name but I hope not.

I happened to be going through my blocked accounts today as unfortunately one or two other accounts have forced me to block them and I was wondering why this account was not there (they blocked me back in April as my previous post here will tell you, and I blocked them back only a couple of weeks later thinking they might calm down but they did not as you'd expect and I regret waiting so long).

When I went into check their account, which I have not done since they blocked me as I just assumed they were still on my blocked list and I was still on their block list, I saw that it had been suspended. I may have sounded a bit paranoid back in April about people coming up on the 'who to follow' on twitter who were followed by them when I had just being blocked by them but maybe these same people are involved who knows - they weren't people I'd be choosing to follow anyway that's for sure!).

Twitter can be very unpleasant, can't it? Hopefully Twitter will suspend a lot more accounts like this.

So I just thought I'd let people know mostly Maat ka re (I did send you a message yesterday but that was not about this as I only noticed today), oh and MB as he'll have noone to report to now (commiserations).
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translators-scammers.com – when scammers pretend they are chasing scammers

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »