Nara Hwang (X)
Nara Hwang (X)  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 05:10
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Mar 27, 2019

Hello

I received the email address to be [email protected]. She told me about the project around 10000 words need to finish one day, I doubted this PM, the Deadline too urgently. Besides, when I said, "I feel you don't trust to collaborate please give me more information about your company". She didn't prove her not a scammer. Based on my experience and search for information on the internet I guess this can a scammer, I ho
... See more
Hello

I received the email address to be [email protected]. She told me about the project around 10000 words need to finish one day, I doubted this PM, the Deadline too urgently. Besides, when I said, "I feel you don't trust to collaborate please give me more information about your company". She didn't prove her not a scammer. Based on my experience and search for information on the internet I guess this can a scammer, I hope everyone read my post will be avoided trouble from this email.

Sincerely,

[Edited at 2019-03-27 17:07 GMT]
Collapse

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:10
Member (2005)
French to English
Beware anything out of the ordinary Mar 27, 2019

Nara Hwang wrote:

Hello

I received the email address to be [email protected]. She told me about the project around 10000 words need to finish one day, It will be divided 2 part to translate. She didn't send me her PO and Link website to be fake. I am writing this message to be a warning this scammer.

Hullo Nara,

The web address looks odd, the job request looks unbusinesslike. You rightly checked the website, it seems. You would naturally expect a PO, and the usual professionally identifying details.

I hope you weren't deceived by this scammer. It was thoughtful of you to issue this warning.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren
(IanDhu - Translator 41189)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Potential Scammer

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »