Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Careful with Maiss Shanti- identity thief!!!
Thread poster: jacqueline Granado
Marie-Helene Dubois
Marie-Helene Dubois  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:36
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Why would you do that? Mar 11, 2013

Xavier Omilanowski wrote:

I checked their name on ProZ, found this post, sent the link to them on Skype for confirmation and to give them a chance to deny,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what someone stands to gain by providing this type of information to a scammer. Invariably forum posts will be full of translators helping other translators identify a scam/scammer. If you provide scammers with this information straight into their inbox/skype, all you're doing is helping them to improve their scamming skills. I don't get why you would want to give them a chance to deny. If they were to deny, what good would that be to you if your colleagues have already established that their business methods are at best underhand? The best way to deal with scammers is to ignore them. If you identify them at the outset, it's best not to even reply to their messages so that they don't even know whether your e-mail/skype works.

Anna Mattsson
Anna Mattsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:36
French to Swedish
+ ...
They are at it again Mar 15, 2013

I just got the following email from [email protected], signed someone calling themselves Riham:

"Hello
Nice to meet you and it is a pleasure to deal with you.
I am a project manager in Language Met company for
translation, we have many projects in your language pair
andI have seen your profile and
will be glad if you accept to work with each other in the
nearly future .
I wait for
... See more
I just got the following email from [email protected], signed someone calling themselves Riham:

"Hello
Nice to meet you and it is a pleasure to deal with you.
I am a project manager in Language Met company for
translation, we have many projects in your language pair
andI have seen your profile and
will be glad if you accept to work with each other in the
nearly future .
I wait for your swift respond so I can give you more details
and I
hope to be positive .
Thank you and be blessed ,,,
Regards
Riham"

Be careful, don't even reply!
Collapse

Kawaripa
Kawaripa
United States
Local time: 11:36
English to Tibetan
+ ...
Thank you for the information and the warning Mar 20, 2013

Thank you all for the information. I was told by one of my translator friends to be careful of emails from people like "Ola Dawood" and "Haneen Yousef" offering translation jobs. The very next day, I received email from them. We all need to be careful!!

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Jonathan Bisan Apr 2, 2013

I just got a Skype call from a woman but the Skype name was "Jonathan Bisan". Revealed no info at all (not even my name), told them I was unavailable this week and then deleted and blocked them. Same people, new name.

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:36
Portuguese to English
+ ...
a.k.a Translation Secrets Jan 27, 2014

I received a request for inclusion in a DB from someone claiming to be from the agency, Translation Secrets.

I sent them my CV, etc., then I came and searched for them on the Blue Board.

Apparently "Translation Secrets" is another name for LanguageMet...

Aaargh!

I've been filtering languagemet messages to spam for some time.
I should have checked FIRST, before "applying" (read: stepping in
... See more
I received a request for inclusion in a DB from someone claiming to be from the agency, Translation Secrets.

I sent them my CV, etc., then I came and searched for them on the Blue Board.

Apparently "Translation Secrets" is another name for LanguageMet...

Aaargh!

I've been filtering languagemet messages to spam for some time.
I should have checked FIRST, before "applying" (read: stepping in the BS).
Collapse

Robert Johann Grundler
Robert Johann Grundler
Local time: 05:36
English to German
+ ...
Now they are named 24translate.net Feb 14, 2017

Just for your information: The newest name of these scammers is 24translate.net. Email contacts: [email protected], [email protected], expert translator (on skype), etc.

Irving Reyes
Irving Reyes  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
English to Spanish
+ ...
Received an email today Feb 11, 2021

I just received an email today from this individual

Maher Sady from email "[email protected]"

from "Word Target"
http://www.wordtarget.net/
phone: 00972-592762260

Dear Translator,

I am Maher Sady, a project manager at Word Target . Our company can offer a lot of projects, and I'm happy to invite you to be a member of our tea... See more
I just received an email today from this individual

Maher Sady from email "[email protected]"

from "Word Target"
http://www.wordtarget.net/
phone: 00972-592762260

Dear Translator,

I am Maher Sady, a project manager at Word Target . Our company can offer a lot of projects, and I'm happy to invite you to be a member of our team, we'd be glad of you can send us the permission and agreement to send your CV to our clients.

We would be grateful if you would allow us to make some adjustments to your respectful CV and I promise you'd receive a lot of profit .

If you agree, we invite you to read our contract, sign it, and send it along with your CV and cover letter.

Thank you for your time!

Greetings to you,

Ran a search on google, found nothing, used his phone number on the website to run another search and found magic-trans.net, and then searched here and found all these scam alert posts.

The email had an attachment that reads as follows:

Authorization and Agreement

Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf.

We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects and in cases when you are not available, we will give the projects to other translators.

If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan. This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition.

Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document.

Your name

Your signature
Collapse

Antonia D'Elia
Antonia D'Elia  Identity Verified
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Oof! Feb 12, 2021

Thank you for sharing ! I had received an email from them once but luckily I was too busy at the time ... despicable !

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Careful with Maiss Shanti- identity thief!!!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »