How to make MemoQ not "hide" the usage of MT?
Thread poster: Eric Azevedo
Eric Azevedo
Eric Azevedo  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 15, 2021

Hi,

I have been noticing when performing reviews (opening already translated .sdlx files) that MemoQ apparently does not tell me if MT/AT was used on a segment, in the right column (considering standard display configurations).

MemoQ Segments

It does tell me about TM matches, but my overall impression is that Trados is way better at showing me the "history" of a segment's translation in the central column:

Trados Segments

Is there a way to configure MemoQ to do the same? Since apparently this information stays "hidden" in the .sdlx file's metadata anyways?

Note: I am well aware of an old and lasting forum topic discussing whether CAT Tools should show or hide the fact that a translator has used MT, it is not my intent to delve into that discussion here. I just want to be able to see the same degree of information that Trados shows me, on MemoQ.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:36
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not all file formats support info on MT Feb 15, 2021

From my experience, not all bilingual file formats are capable of containing information on MT origin of segments. Although I do not know first-hand, it is very possible that SDLX files are not capable of containing this information. If this is the case, I do not think MemoQ can preserve or store that information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make MemoQ not "hide" the usage of MT?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »