Why aren't the termbase hits sorted in the translation window according to the termbase list order?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:21
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 17, 2020

Why aren't the termbase hits sorted in the translation window according to the termbase list order?

I have termbase AAA first in the view Term bases in MemoQ and termbase BBB as second in this list. Both are ticked to be included in the project to give hits in the translation view. And they both work fine. But I get the hits in no order at all, with hits from termbase BBB as first hit in the translation view, then for example hit 2 and 3 from termbase AAA and so on.

I c
... See more

I have termbase AAA first in the view Term bases in MemoQ and termbase BBB as second in this list. Both are ticked to be included in the project to give hits in the translation view. And they both work fine. But I get the hits in no order at all, with hits from termbase BBB as first hit in the translation view, then for example hit 2 and 3 from termbase AAA and so on.

I clicked the Translation results eye icon, and changed to Order term base hits primarily by rank and metadata, so this option is ticked as well as the option Show term base hits with empty target and Longest source term hides shorter matches. I let the option Order of appearance in text be ticked as it is (I have to select either this option or Alphabetical).

But I still get hits from termbase BBB first for the 11 first hits, then one hit from termbase AAA.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »