Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2012

Is this by design in MemoQ or has the PM set it this way?

The stats shows repetitions in a file, and while translating I can see the down arrows but when I try to use the filter to show repetitions, I get nothing.

Any clues?

Regards,

Piotr

Gail Bond
Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:52
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Me too Mar 4, 2012

Hi Piotr,

I have this problem too, it's been happening for a few weeks. When I filter by repetitions, all it does is sort them alphabetically. I mentioned it to the PM, and she said she thought it was maybe because she had allocated part of a file to me, and part of a file to another translator. But I'm not convinced... this never used to happen before. I wonder if it's some kind of bug?

Gail

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
is that maybe the auto-propagation? Mar 8, 2012

Hi Piotr, Gail,

I tried to reproduce it but failed - using memoQ 5.0.60 (both server and client) I can filter for repetitions. Piotr mentions the down arrows, those are auto-propagated segments, and they need to be filtered differently, using Auto-propagated under the Status tab. May that be the problem?

István

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe you're right Mar 8, 2012

István Lengyel wrote:

Hi Piotr, Gail,

I tried to reproduce it but failed - using memoQ 5.0.60 (both server and client) I can filter for repetitions. Piotr mentions the down arrows, those are auto-propagated segments, and they need to be filtered differently, using Auto-propagated under the Status tab. May that be the problem?

István
R

Thanks Istvan,

I'll check next time I have an online project with repetitions.

Regards,

Piotr

Gail Bond
Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:52
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Kilgray are working on it... Mar 8, 2012

I emailed Kilgray support, and this was their reply:

Dear Gail,

Thank you for reporting this. We know about this issue, our developers did this direct while they fixing another bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

szabb
szabb
Germany
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What? Dec 12, 2017

This bug has not been fixed to this day!!!

Kirill Loktionov
Kirill Loktionov
Hungary
English to Russian
+ ...
No solution? Jan 26, 2021

Till now also.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't filter repetitions in an online project

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »