Ronnie J Rigdon
Ronnie J Rigdon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:52
Member (2014)
French to English
Oct 30, 2018

Hello all!

I have a number of social media accounts to promote myself including Google Plus. It doesn't seem that G+ is all that popular as a social media outlet and I just read an article that says that they are going to shut down G+ for the general public but maintain it for small businesses. (So instead of a "Facebook" clone, it'll be a "LinkedIn" clone.)

My question to anyone who cares to answer is would it worth the time and effort to maintain a G+ page or cut it
... See more
Hello all!

I have a number of social media accounts to promote myself including Google Plus. It doesn't seem that G+ is all that popular as a social media outlet and I just read an article that says that they are going to shut down G+ for the general public but maintain it for small businesses. (So instead of a "Facebook" clone, it'll be a "LinkedIn" clone.)

My question to anyone who cares to answer is would it worth the time and effort to maintain a G+ page or cut it like dead wood?
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty post
Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:52
Chinese to English
+ ...
Google Plus Oct 31, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Ronnie J Rigdon wrote:

Hello all!

My question to anyone who cares to answer is would it worth the time and effort to maintain a G+ page or cut it like dead wood?

Hi Ronnie,

Abut 2 weeks ago I read an article that Google Plus would be shut down.
You can read more here:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3311468/google-plus/google-plus-shutting-down-exposed-data.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/technology/google-plus-security-disclosure.html

https://www.adweek.com/digital/google-plus-is-shutting-down-after-exposing-user-data/

Bests,
Katalin

Maybe you missed to read what he wrote.

Back to the original topic, Google+ never did anything while it was alive, it's certainly not going to do anything once it's dead.

María Paula Gorgone

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:52
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Overlooking Oct 31, 2018

Lincoln Hui wrote:

Maybe you missed to read what he wrote.
Back to the original topic, Google+ never did anything while it was alive, it's certainly not going to do anything once it's dead.

You are right, Lincoln.
It seems I overlooked that sentence part of Ronnie...

[Edited at 2018-10-31 08:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Google Plus worth holding on to?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »