Off topic: Oh, "those" great comments by our dear customers - and what you really would like to say about them
Thread poster: megane_wang
megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:35
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2019

I just received one of those messages only translators seem to have to understand:

"I am not creating a purchase order for this now because the period for it has been closed, so I am going to add this job to next month. I hope you won't mind". (Jan 22nd!)

What I said:

- That's ok.

What I really wanted to say:

- But, of course I don't mind; would you mind your company delaying you the salaries for the last 10 days of the mo
... See more
I just received one of those messages only translators seem to have to understand:

"I am not creating a purchase order for this now because the period for it has been closed, so I am going to add this job to next month. I hope you won't mind". (Jan 22nd!)

What I said:

- That's ok.

What I really wanted to say:

- But, of course I don't mind; would you mind your company delaying you the salaries for the last 10 days of the month to the end of next month? I am sure you would accept it gladly. -

Have you any of those to share?
Collapse

Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Christopher Schröder
Jacek Sierakowski
Paula Graf

Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TTNS Jan 22, 2019

You know the Facebook group "Things Translators Never Say"? Colleagues post exactly this kind of stuff there, to vent and to share their frustrations. Highly recommended if you use Facebook at all.

megane_wang
Jacek Sierakowski

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for this :D Jan 22, 2019

Jan Willem van Dormolen wrote:

You know the Facebook group "Things Translators Never Say"? Colleagues post exactly this kind of stuff there, to vent and to share their frustrations. Highly recommended if you use Facebook at all.

Thank you, I'll check it!!

Ruth - MW

Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Same here. Jan 22, 2019

I had a similar one. “We didn’t start year 2019 yet.”

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Things Translators Never Say (TTNS in short) Jan 22, 2019

If you're a freelance translator/interpreter, thus not employed by an agency or other language service provider,
you're more than welcome to apply for membership in TTNS here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thingstranslatorsneversay/

Merike Kaljura
Catharine Cellier-Smart

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oh, "those" great comments by our dear customers - and what you really would like to say about them

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »