Thread poster: Alison Moore
Alison Moore
Alison Moore
Local time: 11:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the horror that is having to deal with NAATI and am hoping one of the members on this can provide assistance!

NAATI didn't put on a French interpreting test this year but have scheduled one for next year. In order for them to have the required three months (!!) to mark the Ethics and Intercultural exam, I have been put on an Ethics and Intercultural exam in three weeks. I was told that I missed a deadline I didn't know about to gain access
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the horror that is having to deal with NAATI and am hoping one of the members on this can provide assistance!

NAATI didn't put on a French interpreting test this year but have scheduled one for next year. In order for them to have the required three months (!!) to mark the Ethics and Intercultural exam, I have been put on an Ethics and Intercultural exam in three weeks. I was told that I missed a deadline I didn't know about to gain access to the online preparatory course. I hold a Ph.D. and a Master's in Interpreting and Translation and have 13 years' experience but not in Australia and, as such, will struggle with the content of these exams without any resources.

Does anyone have access to the preparatory course content? I'd be eternally grateful!

Alison
Collapse

Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:32
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
AUSIT Code of Ethics Sep 26, 2019

Hi Alison,

Although I do not have the content as such (they have only recently made these changes), I would suggest going through the AUSIT Code of Ethics because this is, essentially, the main document:

https://ausit.org/AUSIT/Documents/Code_Of_Ethics_Full.pdf

I hope it helps, and good luck!

Alison Moore
Alison Moore
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 27, 2019

Hi Vanda,

Thanks for your message. I did a bit of research and came across that also but no information whatsoever on the content. Hopefully it’ll be enough!

Alison

Weiwei Zou
Weiwei Zou
Australia
link to ethnic related articles Feb 12, 2020

hi alison,
here is a link to a few articles about interpreter's ethical issues, Under section 1.5 of NAATI PD catalogue, a practitioner can choose to read an article (or articles) about translating and interpreting ethics and write a 700 word report about the content of the article. Hope this
... See more
hi alison,
here is a link to a few articles about interpreter's ethical issues, Under section 1.5 of NAATI PD catalogue, a practitioner can choose to read an article (or articles) about translating and interpreting ethics and write a 700 word report about the content of the article. Hope this would be of help for you.
https://www.naati.com.au/news-events/news-events-container/updates/need-to-brush-up-on-ethics-heres-a-couple-of-places-to-start/

weiwei
Collapse

Alison Moore
Alison Moore
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 12, 2020

Hi,

Thank you but I sat the exams in October 😀

I don’t think anything could prepare you for the content without doing the coursework as it was all extremely random and strange. That said, I passed so it is possible.

Alison

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NAATI Ethics and Intercultural preparatory course content

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »