Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25] >
Off topic: 旅游见闻 Travel Broadens One's Mind
Thread poster: David Shen
wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:34
Chinese to English
+ ...
Indeed May 19, 2015

J.H. Wang wrote:

巧夺人工,雕塑大师的杰作

ysun wrote:

DSC00225

The shape of these rock formations reminds me of gear hobs. The place I used to work for at one time, 汉江工具厂, designed and manufactured standard and custom gear cutting tools.

Courtesy: 汉江工具有限责任公司

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
They also kind of remind me of shark teeth :D May 19, 2015

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Geological history of the Grand Canyon May 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBYvCJLb7tE

I'm no geologist, but the Grand Canyon spillover theory (of an ancient lake) doesn't seem very plausible to me.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Wonderland May 20, 2015

J.H. Wang wrote:

看到孙先生贴的羚羊峡谷的照片,我已经感觉语言的无力了,只好反其道而行之,用上面的话来形容。总之,这时候的大自然就是艺术家!

Jinhang, QHE and Steve,

谢谢你们的欣赏与夸奖!这个地方确实值得一游。由于山洞里景色优美,随便在哪里照相,照出来都是很优美的。当然,我的水平比那些专业摄影家还是差得很远。确实有许多专业摄影家特地去那里摄影。

这种奇特的景观,确实是由于大自然的力量经过很长的时间而逐渐形成的。其中,雨水、洪水的冲刷起了很大的作用。

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antelope_Canyon

[Edited at 2015-05-20 21:44 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
汉江工具厂 May 20, 2015

wherestip wrote:

The shape of these rock formations reminds me of gear hobs. The place I used to work for at one time, 汉江工具厂, designed and manufactured standard and custom gear cutting tools.

Steve,

20世纪70年代支援三线建设时,北京、上海及其他工业基地有不少工厂全部或部分地迁到西南、西北等地。据我所知,北京第二机床厂也有一部分迁到汉中。估计汉江工具厂也是从外地迁去的。几十年来,似乎此厂又有了很大发展。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
三线工厂 May 20, 2015

ysun wrote:

wherestip wrote:

Steve,

20世纪70年代支援三线建设时,北京、上海及其他工业基地有不少工厂全部或部分地迁到西南、西北等地。据我所知,北京第二机床厂也有一部分迁到汉中。估计汉江工具厂也是从外地迁去的。几十年来,似乎此厂又有了很大发展。

Yueyin,

是的。 汉江工具厂是 哈尔滨工具厂分迁到三线的。 当时汉中地区一共迁入四家国营企业:一厂是上海机床厂分迁去的,二厂是北京机床厂分迁去的(大概就是北京第二机床厂),三厂是汉江工具厂,四厂是一家(机床)铸造厂分迁去的,我记不清是由上海还是北京迁过去的 (but I tend to think it was from Shanghai)。

另外还有不少军工厂也迁到汉中地区(这些军工厂厂名都是用数码称呼的)。 同我一块儿插队延长的同学有些就被分到了这些军工厂。

汉江工具厂生产刀具,因为金属原料需求相对较少,做出的产品价值却相对较高,所以生产利润很高。 比起一、二、四几个兄弟厂,三厂在财经上吃香很多。 ... 那时虽然社会上不太讲究追求利润,但从哈尔滨迁去的同事们对自己在这方面的优势已是非常清楚并且自豪的了。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
汉江工具厂 “母厂” May 20, 2015

http://china.toocle.com/company/show/2426017.html

哈尔滨工具厂

公司简介

哈尔滨第一工具厂是我国最大的复杂刀具科研生产出口基地,有五十年历史,产品如下、滚刀、齿轮滚刀、镶片滚刀、齿轮刃具、插齿刀、剃齿刀、拉刀及数控刀片、合金刀片、钻头、丝锥、铣刀、板牙、非标刀具、复杂刀具、卡尺、环规、赛规、白钢刀、量具刃具等产品 …

http://cfi.cn/p20131010000034.html

1. 企业简介

汉江工具有限责任公司前身为国营汉江工具厂,于三线建设时期经国
家计划委员会和第一机械工业部批准,由哈尔滨第一工具厂分迁建厂,一
九六八年十月破土动工,七四年建成投产。经陕西省经济贸易委员会批准,
汉江工具厂于2000年整体改制为汉江工具有限责任公司,经陕西省国有资
产监督管理委员会改组,2006年汉江工具有限责任公司加入新组建的陕西
秦川机床工具集团有限公司,成为该集团三个创始核心骨干企业之一。

I don't know about the part about "七四年建成投产". I got hired at the beginning of 1972, and had the impression that the company was already fully operational and churning out products. But who knows? Maybe there was a sign-off process (or unpublicized ribbon cutting ) of the company that occurred later on at a much higher level that I was unaware of.

[Edited at 2015-05-21 15:20 GMT]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
国内四大工具厂 May 21, 2015

Yueyin,

I found this piece of info on the web. It's good to know that the company's business is doing well.

http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/458012877.html

A: 国内四大工具厂是哪四个? 2012-07-31

B: 四大工具厂过去都是全能型的工具企业,现在发生了很大的变化,如上海工具厂的发展,定位在“现代高效孔加工刀具和圆形刀具”,决心打造出中国的 “Guhring”。哈尔滨量具刃具集团正在逐步淡出传统刀具领域,主攻量具量仪和数控工具系统。哈尔滨第一工具厂和汉江工具厂把重点放在齿轮刀具和拉削刀具方面,逐步退出通用刀具领域。

所以国内四大工具厂应该是:上海工具厂、哈尔滨量具刃具集团、哈尔滨第一工具厂、汉江工具厂。

A:谢谢.我本来以为是西南工具、成量工具、上海工具厂、哈尔滨工具厂

~*~*~*~*~*~*

http://www.chinamachine.org.cn/detail.php?iInfoID_1742.html
2012年中美机床刀具行业竞争力调查分析

[Edited at 2015-05-21 13:25 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
工厂经历 May 21, 2015

wherestip wrote:

I don't know about the part about "七四年建成投产". I got hired at the beginning of 1972, and had the impression that the company was already fully operational and churning out products. But who knows? Maybe there was a sign-off process (or unpublicized ribbon cutting ) of the company that occurred later on at a much higher level that I was not aware of.

Steve,

谢谢你提供所有这些信息。汉江工具厂的实力确实很强。看来,你进厂的时间还是比较早,也可算是该厂的“元老”之一了。 我想,你在该厂的工作经历一定给你留下了难忘的印象。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Memories May 21, 2015

ysun wrote:

我想,你在该厂的工作经历一定给你留下了难忘的印象。

Yueyin,

是这样。有些事情虽时隔多年,但点点滴滴仍记忆犹新。...

[Edited at 2015-05-21 17:12 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
同感 May 21, 2015

wherestip wrote:

Yueyin,

是这样。有些事情虽时隔多年,但点点滴滴仍记忆犹新。...

Steve,

我也是如此。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sunset at the Grand Canyon Nov 10, 2015

This was the third time I visited the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, but it was the first time ever I got such a magnificent view of sunset at the Grand Canyon. This is an area (Mohave Point) where visitors could reach only by shuttle buses provided by the National Park Service.

See more
This was the third time I visited the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, but it was the first time ever I got such a magnificent view of sunset at the Grand Canyon. This is an area (Mohave Point) where visitors could reach only by shuttle buses provided by the National Park Service.

The scene turned to be even more beautiful after the sunset, but we had to leave in order to catch the last shuttle bus back to the visitor center parking lot where we parked our car.
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
New PBS Program Nov 12, 2015

Yueyin,

昨天晚上看了 Making North America 节目的第二部分: Life, 这才懂得原始时代美国中部却是一片汪洋大海。后来 the Pacific Plate pushed under the North American Plate, 使地壳隆起,形成山脉 (The Rocky Mountains). 如此解释,The Grand Canyon 雄伟奇特地势的形成对我来说就比较容易理解了。

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/making-north-america.html#north-america-origins

Making North America: Origins
Experience the colossal geologic forces that shaped our continent over billions of years.
Aired November 4, 2015 on PBS

The epic 3 billion-year story of how our continent came to be. From the palm trees that once flourished in Alaska to titanic eruptions that nearly tore the Midwest in two, discover how forces of almost unimaginable power gave birth to North America.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/making-north-america.html#north-america-life

Making North America: Life
How did massive volcanic eruptions, inland seas, and land bridges pave the way for life?
Aired November 11, 2015 on PBS

Program Description
How did life emerge on our primeval continent? Why was North America home to so many iconic dinosaurs like T. rex? And how did a huge sea filled with giant marine reptiles end up covering Kansas? We tell the surprising intertwined story of life and the landscape in North America. 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/making-north-america.html#north-america-human

Making North America: Human
How has the land shaped our lives, from the arrival of the first Americans to today?
Airing November 18, 2015 at 9 pm on PBS

Program Description
Explore the intimate connections between the landscape, the colonizing of the continent, and the emergence of our industrial world. From prehistoric stone toolmakers to the gold rush and today’s oil and gas boom, North America’s hidden riches have always held the key to our prosperity. As a result, human activity has transformed the continent on a scale that rivals the geological forces that gave birth to it billions of years before. Yet, scientists warn of sleeping giants like the Cascadia fault, and the earthquake/tsunami one-two punch it could unleash on the Pacific Northwest. Even as we re-mold the continent to suit our needs, geologic processes inexorably continue, and they raise potential risks of catastrophe to our human civilization. 

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
past theories Nov 12, 2015

As I said a while back, the ancient lake spillover scenario didn't seem very plausible to me.

http://www.proz.com/post/2430083#2430083

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
DVD Nov 12, 2015

NOVA: Making North America

Mighty, elemental forces molded North America. Fiery eruptions, titanic floods, the grinding of great ice sheets, and massive impacts from space all shaped our land. Now, for the first time, NOVA presents a bold and sweeping biography of our continent and how it came to be.

This epic story unfolds in a forgotten world that existed long before our own, crossed by long-lost mountain ranges, deserts the size of Africa, and vast inland seas spanning the length of the continent. Beloved landmarks like the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and the Rockies are explored from the inside out as we witness the clash of nature's creative and destructive forces--the uplifting of the earth's crust and the violent eruptions, earthquakes, and impacts that destroy it. Hosted by renowned paleontologist Kirk Johnson, this spectacular road trip through our nation's tumultuous deep past sets out to answer three fundamental questions: How was the continent built? How did life evolve here? And how has its spectacular landscape shaped human lives and destinies? Enhanced by dazzling, hyper-realistic CGI animations, immersive geological field missions, and the latest scientific research, Making North America will reveal the incredible story of a majestic continent.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

旅游见闻 Travel Broadens One's Mind

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »